Rockford Illinois, Air Show

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by papa85, Aug 9, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    The photo of the F15 and P51 is great.

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks Scott, I will surely make it a point to be there next year. I took 405 photos of which I kept 230 about 50% . I guess it is not to bad for a beginner. They sure do move, and the sound is exciting.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice series, Tony! It's been a number of years since I've been to an airshow and the images I've seen on the Cafe, like yours, make me want to find one to attend. Thanks for sharing.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Tony,

You have definately set the bar high this time. I hope to have similar success at the Chicago Air and Water Show in less than two weeks. You have some outstanding images there...the bi-plane with wingwalker and the inverted planes (Lima Lima?) are my favorites of the series. Great shooting, Tony!!!

Can't wait for the 20th and 21st...I feel the need for speeeeeeeedddd!

6. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks Don, It sure was fun

7. papa85

papa85 Guest

Hello Frank, Why do i feel we will be seeing some of your great photos in a couple weeks. just get the old D2H greased up. it is a fast moving outing. I used a monopod with my RRS ballhead and sidekick it worked out just great. Along with the 70-200 2.8 VR with a 2x extender.
    Ciao Buddy
    Tony

8. Really nice clear shots Tony. You have really captured the essence of an air show. Well done.

9. These are great shots, Tony! My favorite is the parachutist with the colored smoke.

10. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks again for the nice comments, coming from you guys on this forum I feel good reading them. Hoping to do a better job next time. After the first time you know what to expect.
    Kevin I liked the colored smoke photo myself. The jumpers are awesome.
    Grayflash thanks I appreciate it.

11. papa85

papa85 Guest

Sorry on the spelling It is Greyflash.

12. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Tony:

These are great. The colors in #3 just pop and #4 looks a little scary but excellent capture. We had the perfect weather that day for an airshow.

13. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks much Lisa, I used a polarized filter on #3 it sure made a difference. Thanks for noticing. #4 Gives me the same feeling I knew it was going to be something out of the ordinary :twisted: . Where in IL. do you live :?:
    Feel free to PM me if you would like . Illinois possible get together outing :?: :?: :D