Rockford Illinois, Air Show

P

papa85

First time shooting an Air Show, Was a very exciting day.
http://i.pbase.com/v3/56/295056/1/47328775.ARB_DivingFightersPB.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P

papa85

Thanks Scott, I will surely make it a point to be there next year. I took 405 photos of which I kept 230 about 50% . I guess it is not to bad for a beginner. They sure do move, and the sound is exciting.

Nice series, Tony! It's been a number of years since I've been to an airshow and the images I've seen on the Cafe, like yours, make me want to find one to attend. Thanks for sharing.

Well Tony,

You have definately set the bar high this time. I hope to have similar success at the Chicago Air and Water Show in less than two weeks. You have some outstanding images there...the bi-plane with wingwalker and the inverted planes (Lima Lima?) are my favorites of the series. Great shooting, Tony!!!

Can't wait for the 20th and 21st...I feel the need for speeeeeeeedddd!

P

papa85

Hello Frank, Why do i feel we will be seeing some of your great photos in a couple weeks. just get the old D2H greased up. it is a fast moving outing. I used a monopod with my RRS ballhead and sidekick it worked out just great. Along with the 70-200 2.8 VR with a 2x extender.
Ciao Buddy
Tony

P

papa85

Thanks again for the nice comments, coming from you guys on this forum I feel good reading them. Hoping to do a better job next time. After the first time you know what to expect.
Kevin I liked the colored smoke photo myself. The jumpers are awesome.
Grayflash thanks I appreciate it.

Hi Tony:

These are great. The colors in #3 just pop and #4 looks a little scary but excellent capture. We had the perfect weather that day for an airshow.

P

papa85

Thanks much Lisa, I used a polarized filter on #3 it sure made a difference. Thanks for noticing. #4 Gives me the same feeling I knew it was going to be something out of the ordinary :twisted: . Where in IL. do you live :?:
Feel free to PM me if you would like . Illinois possible get together outing :?: :?: :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom