Rocky Mtn Elk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Aug 25, 2005.

1. I can never get enough of shooting these guys, I look forward to seeing if I can get some pics of rut activity next month, would luv to watch two big bulls fighting over their luved ones. Think about it, they only get it once a year!!! :eek: :eek:

original.

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    More great shots Keith. :wink:

BTW, once a year is more...never mind. :Whistle:

Were these with the bazooka?

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Man you need to be careful with that statement Frank.. Your wife might be reading the forum too :redface:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, she'd just confirm my claims.... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

5. Keith,

Great shots. I too love to photo elk.

I have a cabin rented for a week in October just outside of Estes Park,
    Colorado.

Hope I can get some nice shots like yours.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Great work Keith
    1st is rocking
    hope to get a chance myself someday

7. LMAO Frank!!!!

8. That sounds exciting..............they should all be pooped after the rut. LOL..........October is a great time! Look forward to seeing some pics

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow

Excellent. Love them both. Quite a contrast from great old dad to the young one. They are beautiful animals.

10. Fantastic shots you got these incredible animals north of me the birds are to the south here I am stuck in the middle with..... wasnt that a song. Seriously great shots

11. Great shots Keith, both are fantastic but I can't help really liking the young calf one.
    Pete

12. :smile: :smile: Good grief!! That is an outta control wonderfully stupendous shot!!:smile: :smile:

13. Beautiful shots as always, Keith!!! You sure have been catching some great shots of these guys. Are these all from Jasper area?

I know what you mean about the pack from your mountain goat post. I think my Photo-trekker weighs about 35 pounds, before I add a lunch and water bottle. If I get out and do a backpacking trip I'm going to have to be pretty selective about what I take. :smile:

14. Wow, Keith! The first image is just terrific! :cool: :biggrin:

I've never been that close to one, in the wild... (I am a city boy, I guess :wink: ). Aren't you afraid he might charge and pick you up by the rear-end with those big antlers? :Whistle: :rolleyes:

15. Oh Keith you always make me feel inadequate when you post your great shots :)

Serioulsy these are great. So sharp and well balanced that the almost jump out of the picture, 500mm?

give us more!

andreas

16. Thanks Ben, if you dont have birds you got to try something else :wink:

17. Hey you :biggrin:

Havent seen any birdie pics from you lately!! think it is time to get you another avatar!!

18. LOL!!! I think you could be right. Now no complaining, ive seen the wildlife in your front yard!!! :wink: thanks Mike!

19. Thanks Pete and Bryan!!! Hope all is well