Rocky mtn sheep and elk pics

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They alr all great Keith,

I am just partial to color.

Seems you processed them quite well.. :eek:ve the first b/w with the colored eye. Great touch.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just excellent Keith. The rack on that one guy (bull Elk??) is incredible. I'm with Gale on the color. Using one of these cams to shoot B&W to me is like buying a Ferrari and leaving it in 2nd gear all the time. 8)

3. Your B&W technique seems very effective. Care to share some tips for those of us still learning to master this? ;)

Have to be honest, I kinda like the B&W treatments, 2nd gear in a Ferrari or not! :roll:

4. It seems postprocessed them well?? :lol: better update my monitor profile and recalibrate. LOL!!! the elk shot looks over saturated, Im sure I converted to srgb? on the desktop it looks great, but on pbase over saturated??

5. Thanks Frank, I guess that is how I feel sometimes in shooting the x, Im stuck in second gear and every once in a while the throttle is wide open and Im flyin :lol: but more often then not, 2nd gear it is

6. LOL, Im with your Kevin, sometimes it works beautifully................the norm process is to use channel mixer, select the monochrome box and play with the sliders, I try to keep the total number between 90-110 when you add it up, works quite well. That is all I did to these! Normally I will play with burning or dodge tool for more dramatic effect......hope that makes sense, if not just PM me........thanks for looking

7. I too am partial to color and that Bull Elk shot is amazing. What a rack that big guy has.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shots, Keith! It's hard to imagine that elk can even lift his head carrying that huge rack around! Nice captures.

9. Hi Keith,

That bull elk is a beauty! I prefer the color version best. Those mountain sheep are pretty drab even in color aren't they. But there eyes do stand out and I do like your B&W rendition with the colored eye. I took a few by the side of the road near Golden on the weekend before last, but I haven't finished processing them yet( I'm waiting for FM Intellisharpen II download instructions so I can try it out).

10. Thanks Gordon, yeah he had quite the rack , wait til rut season, there a few that would put a beating on him believe it or not. going to go back this weekend to see what i can find :)

11. Thanks Don, what I find amazing is how they can move through the bush like a kit cat, how do they fit between the trees? :lol:

12. HI Dennis, look forward to seeing your shots. Yeah those sheep arent pretty. LOL............havent seen a big ram yet this year, hopefully maybe this weekend. They are neat looking!