Rocky mtn sheep and elk pics

got bored tonight so did a b&w and a color version, think the more I stare Im not sure :? Anyways here are a few shots I did

Rocky Mtn Sheep - havent seen a big ram this year yet?
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13928

New Elk shot
View attachment 13929

bw- just 100% desaturated, thats it......

View attachment 13930

They alr all great Keith,

I am just partial to color.

Seems you processed them quite well.. :eek:ve the first b/w with the colored eye. Great touch.

Just excellent Keith. The rack on that one guy (bull Elk??) is incredible. I'm with Gale on the color. Using one of these cams to shoot B&W to me is like buying a Ferrari and leaving it in 2nd gear all the time. 8)

Your B&W technique seems very effective. Care to share some tips for those of us still learning to master this? ;)

Have to be honest, I kinda like the B&W treatments, 2nd gear in a Ferrari or not! :roll:

It seems postprocessed them well?? :lol: better update my monitor profile and recalibrate. LOL!!! the elk shot looks over saturated, Im sure I converted to srgb? on the desktop it looks great, but on pbase over saturated??

Gale said:
They alr all great Keith,

I am just partial to color.

Seems you processed them quite well.. :eek:ve the first b/w with the colored eye. Great touch.

Thanks Frank, I guess that is how I feel sometimes in shooting the x, Im stuck in second gear and every once in a while the throttle is wide open and Im flyin :lol: but more often then not, 2nd gear it is

Flew said:
Just excellent Keith. The rack on that one guy (bull Elk??) is incredible. I'm with Gale on the color. Using one of these cams to shoot B&W to me is like buying a Ferrari and leaving it in 2nd gear all the time. 8)

LOL, Im with your Kevin, sometimes it works beautifully................the norm process is to use channel mixer, select the monochrome box and play with the sliders, I try to keep the total number between 90-110 when you add it up, works quite well. That is all I did to these! Normally I will play with burning or dodge tool for more dramatic effect......hope that makes sense, if not just PM me........thanks for looking

Kevin Scott said:
Your B&W technique seems very effective. Care to share some tips for those of us still learning to master this? ;)

Have to be honest, I kinda like the B&W treatments, 2nd gear in a Ferrari or not! :roll:

Hi Keith,

That bull elk is a beauty! I prefer the color version best. Those mountain sheep are pretty drab even in color aren't they. But there eyes do stand out and I do like your B&W rendition with the colored eye. I took a few by the side of the road near Golden on the weekend before last, but I haven't finished processing them yet( I'm waiting for FM Intellisharpen II download instructions so I can try it out).

Thanks Gordon, yeah he had quite the rack , wait til rut season, there a few that would put a beating on him believe it or not. going to go back this weekend to see what i can find :)

greyflash said:
I too am partial to color and that Bull Elk shot is amazing. What a rack that big guy has.

Thanks Don, what I find amazing is how they can move through the bush like a kit cat, how do they fit between the trees? :lol:

drueter said:
Great shots, Keith! It's hard to imagine that elk can even lift his head carrying that huge rack around! Nice captures.

HI Dennis, look forward to seeing your shots. Yeah those sheep arent pretty. LOL............havent seen a big ram yet this year, hopefully maybe this weekend. They are neat looking!

Nikam said:
Hi Keith,

That bull elk is a beauty! I prefer the color version best. Those mountain sheep are pretty drab even in color aren't they. But there eyes do stand out and I do like your B&W rendition with the colored eye. I took a few by the side of the road near Golden on the weekend before last, but I haven't finished processing them yet( I'm waiting for FM Intellisharpen II download instructions so I can try it out).

Latest threads

Top Bottom