Rocky River

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dsp921, Aug 8, 2008.

1. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    I usually don't shoot landscapes/nature, but I tried a few while in New Hampshire a few weeks ago. I think I kind of like this one and would like to get some opinions on the shot. So what do you think, not too bad, or don't do landscapes anymore?

River leading to The Basin, Franconia Notch, NH:
    [​IMG]

2. That is really nice, love the rocks. What lens??

My eye keeps coming back to the rocks, was that your goal?

3. lovely, dave
    very nice

4. I think it's quite nice. Don't give up on the 'scapes . . .

5. That's a beauty!:wink:

6. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thanks Tom. I used the 14-24 f/2.8 on a D300 for this. Goal? There's a tough question. My original thought was to try to get some shots with blurred/silky water, but when I saw this one I was drawn to the rocks like you. Now am not too sure if it's about the rocks or water (or both?).

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the comments.

Thank you Rich, I'll have to spend more time looking around in this section for tips and ideas, it's not as easy as some people make it look.

Thanks Sal, that's nice to hear.

Thanks to all for taking the time to look and comment.

7. That's how I feel about portraits!

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very nice composition. Wish I were there !

9. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Those will be next, I'm going to need a lot of time to figure out the whole lighting thing.

Thanks. It's actually a pretty cool place, right off the highway in Franconia, no crowds either. Next time I'm in the area I plan to spend more time there, this was just a 15-20 minute stop on the way home.
    Thanks for the comments.