Rocky Valley

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by krispee, Apr 12, 2007.

1. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    i was looking through my photos and this suddenly jumped out at me....Rocky Valley Waterfall down in sunny cornwall....

rockyvalley_waterfall_lrg.

comments welcome....see if i can find a few more to go along with it....

krispee

2. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    ok, found something else that i liked from this shoot...

rockyvalley_spurt_lrg.

thanks for looking
    kris

3. Love the composition of the first shot. It looks rather difficult. The white of the water at the top appears to almost be blown out, but the foreground shadows on the rocks near the "hole" lose some of the detail. That's a tough spot to be in.

Second one is a nice shot too.

4. Very nice. I really like the first one. Quite unique.

5. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I will '3rd' the appreciation of the first shot. :)

James

6. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    thanks guys, the first isn`t an easy spot to take a photograph....it`s dark for starters, the water cascades down for quite a height and because the fall is around a corner you have to be quite close to get any kind of shot, and there is water everywhere.....the water also falls toward you and makes it hard to take a shot that doesn`t go out of focus....lastly there are these piles of stones that people have left at the bottom, so many of them, the place is suppose to be sacred and people leave piles of stones there as a memorial or something...you have to avoid them as well....but it was worth the walk to see it.....

kris

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    yeah, sure looked dark in number 1. you did well with what you had to work with there I'd say. Last one has nice coloration to it. good job.

Doug

8. mcdicky

mcdicky

Mar 10, 2007
    Vancouver
    very nice~ i love it

9. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    cheers, Doug, mcdicky....

kris