1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rococò

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by NCV, May 19, 2019.

1. NCV

NCV

Jan 31, 2019
    Italy
    Nigel
    In the very small hamlet of Villa Pasquali near Mantua in Italy, I came across this lovely Rococò church. It was built by an Architect called Bibiena who worked all over Europe in the late Eighteenth century.

The cupolas have a double layer, with a brickwork lattice in front of a painted ceiling.

The local volunteers who open the church to the public on Sunday afternoons are just pleased and proud that people come to see their church. They were kind enough to let me use a tripod to take most of these shots.

My new "old" 28PC proved to be the best lens for the more "traditional" views. I had not used it indoors for this sort of shot before. I find the results much better than correcting Key stoning in post.

I used M43 for a few shots hand held, especially the exterior in the pouring rain.

P5190376_DxO.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_5212_DxO.JPG

DSC_5221_DxO.JPG

DSC_8335_DxO.JPG

DSC_8322_DxO.JPG

DSC_8363_DxO.JPG

DSC_5219_DxO.JPG

DSC_8315_DxO.JPG

PD181150_DxO.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    WOW! What a stunning church! You did a fine job creating these images!!!!! Well done!

3. Such an enjoyable series! Consider trying the first one in monochrome.

4. NCV

NCV

Jan 31, 2019
    Italy
    Nigel
    Thank you.

Yes I was quite surprised how lovely it is when I first entered.

5. NCV

NCV

Jan 31, 2019
    Italy
    Nigel
    Thanks for the comment.

I have a bit of a block about converting to monochrome. I shot B&W back in the film era. I had a good darkroom too.

I just love that I can shoot in colour and work on the files as I did in the darkroom.

I know it is stupid and illogical, but I feel monochrome photography died with the end of the film era.

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Extremely well done- what a series! I love old Italian churches because of their architecture, and this one is fantastic. You did a great job capturing its beauty.

7. Very nice series.

8. Very nice set!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.