Rococò

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
In the very small hamlet of Villa Pasquali near Mantua in Italy, I came across this lovely Rococò church. It was built by an Architect called Bibiena who worked all over Europe in the late Eighteenth century.

The cupolas have a double layer, with a brickwork lattice in front of a painted ceiling.

The local volunteers who open the church to the public on Sunday afternoons are just pleased and proud that people come to see their church. They were kind enough to let me use a tripod to take most of these shots.

My new "old" 28PC proved to be the best lens for the more "traditional" views. I had not used it indoors for this sort of shot before. I find the results much better than correcting Key stoning in post.

I used M43 for a few shots hand held, especially the exterior in the pouring rain.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Such an enjoyable series! Consider trying the first one in monochrome.
Thanks for the comment.

I have a bit of a block about converting to monochrome. I shot B&W back in the film era. I had a good darkroom too.

I just love that I can shoot in colour and work on the files as I did in the darkroom.

I know it is stupid and illogical, but I feel monochrome photography died with the end of the film era.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Extremely well done- what a series! I love old Italian churches because of their architecture, and this one is fantastic. You did a great job capturing its beauty.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom