Rodeo - Deer Trail, CO

Shot the rodeo in Deer Trail yesterday. Here are a few.

1. This little girl won the Mutton Bustin.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Some of the other kids. They all got a trophey.

3. The sun got a little harsh at times

7. This guy looked so small on that horse.

9. I wasn't really in the best spot for the bull riding.

You done good...

Compared to the dungeon atmosphere after the sun goes down in most outdoor rings, the harsh sunlight had to be a welcomed change of pace.

Something not quite right about a 175 lb. man trying to ride a 1500 lb. bull...and those bull's don't have a sense of humor.

STill, I think # 1 is my favorite. Her daddy was probably the guy on the bull or the bronco, huh?

It was a better spot than being aboard the bull!
The guys rounding up the bulls kept camping right in front of the chutes. As a result I was constantly shooting between them and loosing focus on the subject. This also resulted in keeping the bulls very close to the chutes, so there is very little separation or blurring of the background. There weren't enough competitors to have time to move and shoot from the side. I'd definitely rather be on the sidelines with a camera in hand than on the Bull though.

You done good...

STill, I think # 1 is my favorite. Her daddy was probably the guy on the bull or the bronco, huh?
I don't think so. There were more children competing in the mutton bustin and steer riding than adults in the official events. Most of the kids were locals and all the other competitors were from out of town. I think it's just a small town country thing. Plus, how many daredevil kids could resist trying to ride a sheep. Most of them fancy themselves bull riders when they get bigger.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom