1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Roderfield, WV

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cathead77, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Just 3 out of 100 I took in Roderfield yesterday evening. Roderfield is a small, unincorporated town about 4 miles from where I live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    I like the combination of old and new, Alan. We spent several days in WV a couple of years ago, and we were surprised with so much history that is still visible. I thought of it as a black and white paradise!

Regards,
    John

3. Thanks for looking, John. This area where I live is seething with the history of the coal mining wars especially.

4. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Alan,
    really like #1. Somehow it reminds me of a (hihg) school of the sixties when I grew up. I hope it's not in use anymore?

And what was the function of #2? Also very nicely done!

5. Thanks for looking, Rob. Nope, it's not in use. If you look closely you can see through the windows on the top right that there is no roof. The structure in #2 is not used for anything either. I don't know what it was used for back in the day. Thanks again for looking.

6. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    Alan, I really like image 1. It has an eerie feeling to it, hard to describe. You should definitely do something more with it pp wise.

7. Thanks for looking. I am such a novice. Would you have any suggestions? I have a straight on shot of that building as well, but I liked the angled shot the best. Maybe a little vignette?

8. May be extreme, but I tried to make it look scary......

l_833d839b8a83428796665cc8836cb6a2.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    Pretty good. Maybe something like this....

3825511330_ceae5b3e43_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10. I like the way you made the color jump out, Omar, and then fade to B&W. It sure draws attention to the building. Great job.

11. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    No problem Alan, I'm sure you can do a lot more with it. The building is just cool.

12. Posted on Nikonians a couple of days ago? Either that or becoming clairvoyant or something?!

Don

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice images of small town america. The gas station shot is very cool !

14. Hmmm......was this picture posted there? Sorry, I'm confused. Thanks for stopping in to look.

Thanks, man. It was neat of you to comment.

15. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Great shots, I like them all, I like the reflection in the last one best.

16. Thanks so much. I didn't see that reflection until I was home working with the pictures. Then it made me wish I hadda repostioned and got a lot more of the reflection in the mud hole.

17. CrazyDadGuy

CrazyDadGuy

Aug 27, 2009
    Mississippi
    Very nice. Good to see some pictures from home, I'm from Raleigh county, wv myself. There are many old places and building like that in Wv, an unfortunte side effect of the declining economy of the state. Good pics!

18. Thanks. I have 2 kids who live in Raleigh County.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.