Roderfield, WV

Just 3 out of 100 I took in Roderfield yesterday evening. Roderfield is a small, unincorporated town about 4 miles from where I live.

016-r.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

039-r.jpg

093-r.jpg

I like the combination of old and new, Alan. We spent several days in WV a couple of years ago, and we were surprised with so much history that is still visible. I thought of it as a black and white paradise!

Regards,
John

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Alan,
really like #1. Somehow it reminds me of a (hihg) school of the sixties when I grew up. I hope it's not in use anymore?

And what was the function of #2? Also very nicely done!

Alan,
really like #1. Somehow it reminds me of a (hihg) school of the sixties when I grew up. I hope it's not in use anymore?

And what was the function of #2? Also very nicely done!

Thanks for looking, Rob. Nope, it's not in use. If you look closely you can see through the windows on the top right that there is no roof. The structure in #2 is not used for anything either. I don't know what it was used for back in the day. Thanks again for looking.

Alan, I really like image 1. It has an eerie feeling to it, hard to describe. You should definitely do something more with it pp wise.

Alan, I really like image 1. It has an eerie feeling to it, hard to describe. You should definitely do something more with it pp wise.

Thanks for looking. I am such a novice. Would you have any suggestions? I have a straight on shot of that building as well, but I liked the angled shot the best. Maybe a little vignette?

May be extreme, but I tried to make it look scary......

l_833d839b8a83428796665cc8836cb6a2.png

Pretty good. Maybe something like this....

3825511330_ceae5b3e43_o.png

Posted on Nikonians a couple of days ago? Either that or becoming clairvoyant or something?!

Don
Hmmm......was this picture posted there? Sorry, I'm confused. Thanks for stopping in to look.

Nice images of small town america. The gas station shot is very cool !
Thanks, man. It was neat of you to comment.

Very nice. Good to see some pictures from home, I'm from Raleigh county, wv myself. There are many old places and building like that in Wv, an unfortunte side effect of the declining economy of the state. Good pics!

Latest threads

Top Bottom