Rod's View

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tomerrifc, May 27, 2007.

1. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Great perspective Tyrone and great job capturing the ball. Was it a dark day? What were your settings - ISO, SS and Aperture? The colors look great but I wonder if the shutter speed was just a little low due to the available light.

2. I love this series Tyrone! Nice job.

3. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    great shots and I think "Rod's view fever" may have struck me as well!!! and they say you need faces- bleh!
    I couldnt help but wonder how many players were on the blue team since I can only see #14 (both the hitter and the catcher) :rolleyes:
    Loved them all!

4. very nice...i like the angle alot

5. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    You do this angle proud Ty....glad you like it...It is my fav for sure..It is also
    a great angle for plays at the plate...Although I don't have a shot of one yet.

Again...very cool

6. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

Wow . . . Those are great pictures! Looks like he caught that ball right at the top as it came across, hopped off the ground in front of the plate and took off...I am wondering the outcome of that play - Did he get thrown out, or was he safe at first?

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    nice

8. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Ty these are great shots. This might be a stupid question but where you shooting through the fence? You must have been to get that angle.

9. Hey everybody, thanks so much. I love this angle. I have to give credit to my man Rod for showing me the way. I have sold more than a few of these from this angle. The parents really like them even though you can't really see the kids faces. They know for sure it's their kid of course by their numbers. One parent has asked about a 20x30 for the kids room. I can't wait to see it myself.

OK, here's the secret with these. All were shot with either a 50mm or 35mm right up next to the fence. I like the 35mm better as I can actually get more of the catcher and ump in the viewfinder than just a portion of the catcher while shooting with the 50mm. The fence never really comes into view if you are careful to get the right angle. If you try it be extra careful not to scratch the front element of your lens or filter if you have one on your lens. Play around with it and see what you come up with. I have an idea to try and get lower and see what that angle looks like with a nice hit.

10. Hey there TY, WOW very cool will have to give that angle a try sometime, always looking for something a little different