Rokinon 14mm 2.8 good or bad

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i’ve posted a couple images with the 14mm Rokinon. See tread “ 11:19 St Augustine Beach” for Milky Way. Also posted B&W at St. Augustine Pier.
well ordered it.. lol... I have the 28mm 1.8 but want wider for astro and video

My older F mount version didn't work on the Z7 with FTZ unless I taped off the electrical contacts so that it acts like a dumb lens. It was bought several years ago and worked ok on D7100 and D500. Obviously the newer Z mount version has a better chance. Optically the lens was OK on DX, fine for the price. Corners obviously weaker on FX but whether that mattered is up to you.

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
My older F mount version didn't work on the Z7 with FTZ unless I taped off the electrical contacts so that it acts like a dumb lens. It was bought several years ago and worked ok on D7100 and D500. Obviously the newer Z mount version has a better chance. Optically the lens was OK on DX, fine for the price. Corners obviously weaker on FX but whether that mattered is up to you.
I just got it in Ill take a few test shots I noticed its manual focus which is fine for shooting at night set at eternity and go..... Ill be back in a few to post some test shots

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
FREAKIN....... Deep sky stacker..... UGH....... I dont remember it being this much of a pain in the ***

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom