roland garros women's singles final

congratulations to na li
for winning the roland garros
women's singles final.

it's her first grand slam title
and also the first one for china.

I can't cope with women's tennis any more because of the ridiculous noises they make with every shot. These two in the final were not among the worst, but even so, what I saw of the second set was enough.

The men seem to be getting as bad, though lower pitched grunts don't annoy so much!

Was it always thus? Really can't remember it from years ago when I lived in England and got to see much more tennis.

Another curiosity that all players have now adopted is that of taking three balls when serving, inspecting them, and discarding one. Adds a small but significant delay to every serve.

Women tennis players screeming...

I can't cope with women's tennis any more because of the ridiculous noises they make with every shot.
+one on this. TMHO screeming like sharapova should be banned. It's completely ridiculous and unacceptable what she does. It's in the mean time an unsportive attempt to break opponent's concentration and to get attention(in a low class way)
Further more I like women tennis and Na li is both a great player and a sympathyc girl.
Kim Clijsters remains my favorite.

i too, dislike the Grunters of today's ladies tennis. Monica Seles has a lot to answer for (her being the first of teh grunters i can recall).

i can accept a bit of a Kiai when going for a huge overhead smash or a full-stretch, running forehand winner, but not on EVERY SINGLE SHOT (including drop volleys?).

i never heard Steffi Graff, Martina Navratilova, Martina Hingis, Evonne Goolagong-Cawley or any of the other big names of yesteryear grunting like pigs on every shot.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom