Roll 14

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Beezle, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Wow, just over a month since the last time I developed a roll. Where did the last month go?

TX400, D76 1:1, phooey. Looking too grainy so far. Back to full strength for the next roll. Also funky at one edge. Could be because this is frame 37.

Ah well, another roll tomorrow.

Subtle tones required by the mountain are just not there.
    roll14-01-web.

2. Film isn't laying flat yet either, but here's another one.

roll14-02-web.

3. Her art is about who we are vs. what we are made of. These outlines are up close like chains of nucleotides. The outline at the bottom left is me.

roll14-03-web.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    All 3 are superb Ed, in very different ways! The last one, the one of your sister with her art, it's a great professional portrait. Similar to the ones for the article? It should be.

5. I would say the shots being used for the article are much better. Better composition anyway. I like that one because it combines her shadow with the shadow effect she was looking for from the nucleo-push-pins.

Thanks!

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'd like to see one of the lines up close.

7. A random odd shot I noticed along the way. Silly kid.

IMG_5524-web.

8. A Rodney moment in downtown Tacoma.

roll14-04-web.

9. Working up the nerve to cut some bait.

roll14-05-web.

In the end, he did it.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very cool! I really like the pins thing - simplicity but making up something recognizable. It works. The rest of the pics are nice as well, and thanks for sharing some moments from your trip. You really do travelogues well. :Wink:

11. Ed, I love your shots. They all have your signature, your silent and simple style.

But why did your sister depict you as being smaller and disconected from the crowd above? :Wink: Just feeling like stirring pot a little bit :smile:

12. Thanks Chris and Ned.

Ned, I am not sure, though the connected people are all related.

Another fishing shot.
    roll14-08-web.

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Considering their aforementioned family history, it seems metaphorical. Visual artists do that. :Crunk::Ouch:

14. Ed,

I have very much enjoyed these photos. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful portrait of your sister with artwork. And the fishing pictures are great, especially the first one. Your son will have more photos from his childhood than any other kid in CA.

15. i like this one a lot

16. hee hee...now yor shoot'n..