Roll 19

Developed a roll tonight. First one for nearly two months.

I've been photographically inert recently. This roll is definitely inert. But since I bothered to develop it I guess I'll post an image anyway.

This was my standing in my dark garage holding a Mamiya, waiting for the D2X mounted at the right to get ready to fire during a timelapse, then holding down the shutter until the flash at the top right went off. The rest of the roll is just random odd stuff. Not sure what I was thinking. If anything.

roll19-01-web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Removed User 2

Ah! Very nice light and forms at play! Very very nice!

I really love that - there's quite a famous portrait of cher, showing all the gels and lighting that her pr people insisted were set up before the shot was taken. I find this reminiscent of that, in some ways.

Real Name
Chris
Love the labware! :Wink:

I have felt inert as well, due to external circumstances. But I shot a roll yesterday that has some promise to it. I'll post later. Thanks for showing us your setup Ed.

Thanks everyone.

The film, by the way, is TMAX-100. To be honest I don't much like it. Not much grain, but it doesn't seem to like D76 very much, and well, that's my current soup 'O choice. Might try it again with HC-110 sometime. I've read they get along.

But I had a roll of it as I'm trying everything at least once.

Real Name
Chris
What do you mean by "it doesn't seem to like D76 very much"? (I can imagine it screaming when it touches it, like 'toons and the dip in Roger Rabbit.)

Up close it looks pretty mucky. I also had to push the data pretty hard to get what you see above. Very flat contrast.

Sharpness was also not what I'd expect. That is a very fast flash, so there was no excuse for not being fairly sharp. The grain itself seems less than sharp.

Bah, it just doesn't have much character anyway. I'm much happier with Plus X or any of the Ilfords. Except maybe Ilford 50. Not sure I like that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom