Roll 20

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Beezle, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Moving right along...

This is frame 37 (or 38?) from a roll of Efke 25. My first roll of this film. Hard to judge well yet as they are very curly and need to flatten overnight, but I think I might have found me a new friend.

A little more grainy than I hoped, but nice grain. Can't see sharpness with this curly negative. Tones are to my liking. Lots of data in the negative. Lots of range.

This is D76 stock for 5 minutes at 20C. I did not pre-soak it and wonder if that is a good idea. Also wonder if this wouldn't like HC-110 dilution umpteen (1:63?).

I was in Santa Cruz with my boys goofing around near the natural bridges. This roll is mostly goofing around with the kids shots, so there could be something interesting in there. Those are not real binoculars, then again neither was the mythical creature he was tracking.

roll20-01-web.

2. Lots of folks report good results with Efke 25 and Rodinal or one of the Rodinal-alikes (e.g. Adox' R09).

My pal Steve uses R09 with his Efke a lot.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Goofing around with kid shots makes for some fine pictures! The second one (doesn't look like Efke to me ;) makes a nice set next to your avatar.

4. Looks like a young Rommel scoping out Patton's approaching tanks!

5. Nils

Nils

Mar 30, 2007
    Aptos, California
    Those are some classic kid shots. do you live in Santa Cruz? I live just down the highway in Aptos.

6. I live in south San Jose.

Thanks everyone.

Here is another from that roll, one of those twofer type deals.

roll20-02-03-web.

7. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Looking good! I was interested in that film, was thinking about trying out the 120.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great diptych!

9. That's what you call em!

This roll isn't turning out to be all that exciting, but here's more. I do have more to develop though. Some Ilford HP 5 and Neo 1600.

roll20-04-web.

roll20-05-web.

10. So you say. They're both good kid pics but that second one is dynamite - it's my kinda picture! :biggrin:

11. Well if you like em so much, have some more. :biggrin: Thanks.

roll20-06-web.

roll20-07-web.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The older one is driving, right?

13. LOL! Those are a blast!