Roll 21

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Beezle, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Ilford HP5 plus at ISO 400 in an F100.

Not my cup of tea. I should have listened to what Chris said about this film. I much, much prefer Delta 400. Or new Trix.

Note sure what the heck this one means. The sock thing again.
    roll21-05-web.

An ironic form of gardening? This gardener always produces a nice crop, so whatever it is it works. Next to an abandoned nursery near here.
    roll21-03-web.

I've been watching the work of this tagger for months now. Down here in the upscale area I live in they keep up with tags pretty well, but whoever this is has to be the most persistent I've noticed. Given where I see the tags, they are mostly likely on foot. That means local teenagers to my mind. I walk late at night a lot. I keep hoping I will encounter them. No, even gang bangers don't worry me. The little punks. :biggrin:
    roll21-01-web.

2. More tagging.
    roll21-02-web.

3. i tried that film once, and did not pursue it any further.
    i sometimes think that users develop an affinity toward a film, not based on its' peformance...but something unquantifiable:wink:
    if it were not for the spelling, i might think your tagger worked for ZEISS

4. Hi Ed!

Why don't you like it? Too much contrast?

I used to hate HP5 but after a while I noticed that all my best shots we're done with it. Of course, it's all a matter of taste :)

I am now sold to HP5.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Now I'm racked with guilt. :Wink: I shot a roll of HP5 in my Holga, and it worked ok. I still prefer Delta 400 by a long shot and trix by a standard shot. The contrast of the hp5 was much higher than I would have liked, and the recommended development appeared to be too much. Of course I would have used Ned's dilution h with 3 minute agitation if I had known.

Film is weird. I think there is an affinity factor.

Ed, these are some cool neighborhood shots. Your local neighborhood association should keep an eye out for someone tagging late at night that has some sort of connection with icons and fame. I have no idea what that could imply. :eek:

6. I think there's a warming up period with films. At least for me.

At least for scanning, I just find the film is too "stretched out." There is plenty of data there from black to white, but scanning it all in seems to end up with something too flat.

So I found I end up with what looks like over processed high contrast, as seen above.

I have several rolls, so I guess I'll try other processes on it. Dilution H? Then again, love me, love being developed in D76!

Here is more Icon Fame, Plus X in the Holga.

roll11-03-web.

I keep thinking "Icon Fame" is a Sillycon Valley tech thing or other.

PS, I made my first nickle off of a photo ever! I won a new printer for the wife.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congratulations on your win Ed:>)))

Interesting "Icon" shots

8. i think i know what you mean about "stretched out"
    kool winnings off the photo!
    i like the HOLGA shot, looks good

9. COngrats on the prize!

I recognize that picture and it's a winner from day 1!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, your florals are astounding Ed.

11. Thanks everyone.

I made a big decision today. One that might improve HP5+ for me. And Neopan 1600.

I made a batch of Xtol. :eek:

Dang I need to get a magnetic stirrer. Like I used to use in a lab.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This will be interesting!