Rolls Royce Drophead

20min of shooting, natural light.

1225089344_2tQ5C-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1225083051_4ve7Y-XL.jpg

1225084332_jdGUo-XL.jpg

and...
1225079943_eg5fX-XL.jpg

More on my website !!

Attachments

• 1225089344_2tQ5C-XL.jpg
    1225089344_2tQ5C-XL.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 1225089344_2tQ5C-XL.jpg
    1225089344_2tQ5C-XL.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 15
Fine shots of a super car, I thought that type of door opening was discarded many years ago to save the ladies embarrassment when entering and exiting.

Actually, it's easier to make a graceful exit from that kind of door, whatever you are (or aren't) wearing. I think they were abandoned because in the early days latches weren't terribly reliable and doors opened on the move more often than we're used to now. With the hinge at the front, the slipstream tends to blow the door back shut again, with the hinge at the back, the slipstream opens it wider and [possibly tears it off...

Once front-hinged doors became ubiquitous, they quickly became "traditional" and "expected", despite being in many ways less practical than other varieties....

Actually, it's easier to make a graceful exit from that kind of door, whatever you are (or aren't) wearing. I think they were abandoned because in the early days latches weren't terribly reliable and doors opened on the move more often than we're used to now. With the hinge at the front, the slipstream tends to blow the door back shut again, with the hinge at the back, the slipstream opens it wider and [possibly tears it off...

Once front-hinged doors became ubiquitous, they quickly became "traditional" and "expected", despite being in many ways less practical than other varieties....

Thanks for the clarification.

Amazing pics! And Beautiful car. Do I still see the shadow from the light post though on the ground?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom