RON REZNICK FALL NH SESSION

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Jul 11, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Well boys and girls, this may be one of the last chances for a while to get in person-hands on training from the master himself.

We had a great session in NH a year ago June and this one will be October 12, 13, 14 and will be based out of Wolfeboro. I don't know if we're going to have the beautiful idyllic venue of Whiten farms this time yet, but there is plenty of NH beauty to shoot.....this is during fall foliage season (always tough to judge the exact foliage peak as it is soooooo weather dependent) and we may even get a day in at my stomping grounds along the coast as the Parker River NWR on Plum Island. It;s not the cornucopia of birds that you get in FLA, but it is the peak of the fall migratory season and the glasswort (marsh grass) is brilliant red and it makes for some nice shots.

Even if it rains....what you will learn from Ron regarding exposure compensation, focusing techniques and processing, is worth the price of admission. Ever wanted to know how to really read a histogram and adjust your EV correctly....and actually know what you're doing? And Ron even has some purty slide show presentations with about a zillion of his shots that you get to watch for the price of admission as well.

We're putting feelers out to see who might be interested before listing this anyplace else. (We'd really like to keep it in the family, so to speak)

Anyway.....this will be limited to a maximum of 6 folks I believe and two of the spots are already taken that I know of. (Brian and myself).

I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be the last session for some time, so don't miss out!

As Brian Underwood who started this is out straight with work or something at the moment, shoot me a PM or email if you're interested or have questions and we'll see what we can get coordinated.

Also....you should make up your mind now as this is foliage time in New England and you'll need to get accomodations booked.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim, fall foliage from where I was in NH was gone by that time. :>)))) grrrrrr

God I wish I could go. Would love to wander up to my old place, in Jefferson. 1 mile east of Santas Village on US rt 2.

I going off to cry now.

ps.... bad weekend rates. Columbus weekend.

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Santas Village

Hiya Gale.....

The next time I go past Santas Village, I'll take a picture for ya!

PS...Don't Cry????????? :roll:

4. Jim / anyone, how much of this info can you get from Ron's ebook? I can't make the session, but could pick up his book sometime. Thanks for the info. Have fun in NH.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim, I would like some images of Skwood Hotel 1 mile east of santas village. Used to own that. :<(((

Still crying....

Thanks would love some pics.

7. Thanks Paul. When I get and read most of Thom's ebook I'll order Ron's next.

Jim, is Ron taking a break from teaching for a while? Why?

8. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    RR Sessions

While I think it's best that Ron addressees officially anything that might involve his session schedule, I for one would think that it's high time that the guy gets himself un-busy and promotes the incredible photographs that he's ammased. I think that if I had the volume of superb quality shots that he does...I could quit my day job :)

9. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    hmmm

I spent close to 4 hours on the phone with him the other day doing an interview. The guy is great and I think that he would have a lot to offer in person. I am hopefully going to be up there for myself as that is peak season. I love NH at that time of the year.

-JM

10. Re: hmmm

James, although I've only read your interview with Thom Hogan I enjoy it very much. I look forward to reading the rest, including the upcoming RR interview.

I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to take a session with one of the masters. For now, I'll have to keep reading and practicing.

11. I would like to second what Jim says about Ron. If you the chance to take his course, sign up....You will never see photography the same. I have taken two classes with Ron, and would have been at the NH one, but it is on the day my son gets married. Jim, I hope you fill up the class.

Thanks,
    Gil

12. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Gil

Where are your priorities man?

There's lost of other days that he could change his wedding to!

:)

13. Jim:

You are so right. But the boss says otherwise.

Gil :lol: :oops: :!: :!: