Ron Reznick interview (Pt1) on NWP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MontyDog, Aug 31, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    GM Paul
    Have read the interview this AM and found it very enjoyable.

I am signed up at NWP and recieved the e-mail and went right there :>)).

Thanks for the reminder and hope all will go have a read.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Boy, was that ever 'mile-a-minute' Ron. :smile:

Very enjoyable. Good job JM. :wink:

4. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    The interviews are only as good as the effort that goes into them by the subjects. Ron put in a ton of effort to help make it 'right.' I am hopeful that as people go through the interviews that they will look to see if what we are asking is 'enough' and if there are things we are missing.

I am glad that people are enjoying the interviews! I am also thankful to see people spreading the word about them, here and other places. It helps insure that plenty of people get the option to read them.

Cheers!
    James

PS For folks interested in underwater photography, we did an interview with Eric Cheng earlier in the month. It has some very interesting photographs in it.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Frank :

Wow, isn't that the truth ! Reading that interview was almost like having Ron in the room with me. :tongue:

John P.

6. I too enjoyed the interview and when he mentioned Panguitch (which is in Utah) my ears perked up. That is just a ways up the road from here. Perhaps I could catch him on a visit there. Just a thought.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great Interview James!

Other than his work, I knew almost nothing about Ron - now I like him even more! Very interesting to know how much he is influenced by renaissance painters. (I am too, but I think the abstractionists of the 1950's have over come that.)

I can hardly wait for part 2! Thanks James!

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    My thoughts exactly John. I could hear his voice while reading through his comments. I had to smile. :smile:

10. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I am glad that everyone is enjoying the interview...part II will be going up tomorrow. It provides several insights in to Ron's business. He is very candid - and teaches a lot about the profession. Folks interested in publishing will find it to be very informative.

-JM

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,

Have read part 2.. Great. Message on your forum..

Thank You

12. Chris/Paul

Are you sure of the title? The reviews in Amazon.com are either five stars or zero stars. The summaires address his thesis that the maters used some sort of optics. That subject matter doesn't seem to correlate with Paul's description. One reader, an artist claoms the book wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm eager to find out more about composition; that's why I looked the book up.

Rich

13. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Frank :

Part 2 was even more of "Ron in the Room" . It's always a pleasure to spend time with Ron, even if it's through another medium. :Whistle:

My metaphorical hat's off to you, James. You've very accurately managed an interview that captures not only information, but very much the feeling of being with the interviewee, a rare and unusual ability.

John P.

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

15. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to mention that the last part, section III, 'Ron in the Milieu' is up at NWP.

Thank you all for the feedback!

James

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2005
  17. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    One of the great things about Nikon Cafe...

One thing that really struck me is that you guys all read. I know that sounds kind of silly, but no where else do you see this kind of conversation going on in any of the forums (including, sadly enough, my own).

What a cool place.

-JM

18. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    James,

I love the RR interview. You got a way to bring out the person. Thanks!