Ron Reznicks DVD

I know i'm in for it,but here goes.I was wondering if anyone has ever viewed or purchased Rons DVD Sure Shot series?I'm about to place an order for the whole set and was just looking for some feedback and your thoughts.Most of my major problems are in PP and was hoping this could straighten me out somewhat.Ok Let the comments begin :smile:

I have them
Can't help but learn

There are 5 disks.
Honestly I did not care for the first and last.
2-3-4- you can't help but learn.
His PP is mainly Nikon Capture.
However you can apply alot of what you learn to PS ACR with the understanding of histigrams.(and perhaps NX) NX has the basic Nikon Capture4 in it as well)
Also you can not help learning shooting better.

You will not learn it first run through either. Needs attention and re running parts of it.

You are very welcome
Hope you learn alot from Ron. He has alot to teach.

What I do withthe DVD's is put a small TV on a (no Pun) TV table next to me and view and work at the same time.
The pics he works on are available on the disk so you can work along with him.
If you have two monitors , I guess that would be the way to go:>)))))

Great Idea with 2 monitors.I'll give it a try.Looking foward to this.Thanks again for all the info and support

A word of warning if I may. While I agree with the comments you have gotten, I do have to say that I am disappointed in the DVD series. I was hoping, and expecting, that these would be a "course" type thing, much like an RR workshop, but I don't think a very good foundation is laid at the beginning. This is one reason, as Gale mentions, that you won't learn it on the first run through. Overall quite worthwhile I think, but don't expect to put someone who doesn't have a fair bit of background down in front of the DVD set and expect them to get "instant understanding". I have seen people become quite intimidated on the first run-through.

I do have them and do refer to them, but having been through a workshop prior was a huge boost in comprehension.

Hey Anthony I heard about her ,thats why I ordered it not the photography end,don't need to learn anything just look at the hot chick

Aman17,

Have you received your order yet? I have been waiting three weeks and nothing. Problem is, my daughters birthday was two weeks ago!!! Emails are getting bounced back. I called the number provided and left several messages but no calls returned. What's up with that?

RC

With the problem you mentioned, Rusty, I do wonder if we will ever get an update for NX. I have Jason's NX ebook, bu that is more (to me) a showing of all the features of NX. I wish RR would use NX and have a dvd showing his method.

Before the series even came out, there was an update page saying there would be more dvds in the future, NX being one of them.

A word of warning if I may. While I agree with the comments you have gotten, I do have to say that I am disappointed in the DVD series. I was hoping, and expecting, that these would be a "course" type thing, much like an RR workshop, but I don't think a very good foundation is laid at the beginning. This is one reason, as Gale mentions, that you won't learn it on the first run through.
I do have them and do refer to them, but having been through a workshop prior was a huge boost in comprehension.

I haven't gone through my dvd in almost a year. I have been meaning to do so.
I never took a course with Ron and I find it hard to get proper exposure by sight. I shoot birds 97% of the time and just try to make sure I don't blow highlights. I know Ron would say I could do better than that. :Crunk:

With the problem you mentioned, Rusty, I do wonder if we will ever get an update for NX. I have Jason's NX ebook, bu that is more (to me) a showing of all the features of NX. I wish RR would use NX and have a dvd showing his method.

I took a course with Ron in June, and he was still using NC 4.x then. I told him he really needed to move to NX since no one in the class had NC 4 and it is no longer available. He said he would start on that soon.

Quiet Eye,

As you read I am in the same boat. I will be holding out hope for about another day or so then I will be writing my credit card company. Funny how the shopping cart still works on his site but the email doesn't. A head scratcher ...

RC

Latest threads

Top Bottom