Ronnie Gaubert - 1951-2011

Real Name
Colin Carter
Ronnie was a master of the Nikon 300 F4 and 500VR lenses with and without the 3 TC's in fact his shots are some of the best ive ever seen with the 2.0TC so i thought it appropriate to post on this forum.

On the 3rd May this great guy and photographer lost his fight with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and passed away. My sincerest condolances go to Ronnie's family.

His photographs have always been an inspiration to me and many other nature photographers.

If you didnt know of Ronnies work his galleries can be found on pbase, just click the link below

Link to Ronnies Pbase galleries

may he now rest in peace.

Ronnie will always be remembered for his excellent work with a common man's kit; D200, 300mm f4. He was always quick to help others with advice and insights to his techniques, both in the field and in post.

I and many others will certainly miss this fellow - he is one of the good guys.

Thank you for the post.

Sorry to hear of his passing. I have been a fan of his work for some time. Very inspirational. A great loss for sure. Condolences to his family.

I loved Ronnie's photos. He was a master at using the D200. Just wish I could use my D200 like he did his. He was a gentleman photographer whose work was one to emulate.

Thank you Ronnie.

Very sad news... I was a huge fan of Ronnie's work and admired his long lens skills! He was extremely helpful and would patiently answer many questions. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, Ronnie!

Mike

Geez, and he always captured my beloved home state so beautifully! If his family see our posts, I sincerely hope Ronnie will rest in peace and his family comforted. He really knew how to bring out the beauty of everything around him through the lens.

WOW. Ronnie was always an inspiration to me as I marveled at his photographs. He was kind enough to share his workflow when I inquired. Deepest condolences to his family and friends. He will be GREATLY missed. :Depressed

RIP, Ronnie... I was a fan as well.

In his memory:
74315856.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom