Ronnie O'Sullivan, a day with the world no1

I had the great honour of being the guest of Mr Ronnie O'Sullivan today at a special sponsor event! One of only 10 guests at a party of 30 I had the chance to spend the day with him at Walthamstow london.
The guy is an absolute genius at the table and watching him in the flesh was really awe inspiring! Unfortunatley they are mostly Very high ISO or direct flash images due to the dark walls and maroon ceilings, no natural light and only the lights from the table to shoot with!
As memento's they are still great, the guy is a true gent and a real character!
r1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
funny balls have no numbers, what's up with your Brits and your bastardized versions of US games? Football, snooker, yeesh.

the second to the last shot is the pick of the litter IMO, good use of shallow DOF.

LOL, cheers Twig! As I said it was a nightmare shooting scenario, I only took one SB-800 and direct flash is never a good thing. Over here Ronnie is a legend and a multi millionaire to boot, fortunatley he doesn't need his balls numbered to remember what he has to pot next :)

Surely the greatest talent to ever grace the green baize?! It is actually very nice to see a smile on his face for a change too!

Some great shots there, pretty much noise free to my eyes!

Thanks Kerzo, I have run them through noise ninja and most of them are actually direct flash. With regards to talent the guy is quite simply unsurpassed. Standing five foot from the guy while he cleared a table of nine reds and all colours taking a black with each I was simply stunned.
It took him less than 3 minutes!
The owner of Rileys told us a story, his dad bought him a six foot table when he was nine. Within a few months he was clearing the table and his dad was telling everyone at the club of his sons genius! Of course his mates at Rileys had their doubts so he asked the owner could he come down one night to play on the full sized table. Using a borrowed cue that was much too big he went to the club and his very first shot on a full sized table was the first red of a 58 break!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom