Roofer in HOT Alabama Weather

The gentleman in the photo has been a roofer for well over 30 years and is presently roofing my house for the third time in 25 years (hail damaged it this time!). I had the opportunity to grab a shot of him while he was overseeing his crew and hopefully captured the man's excellent character. [My contracts with him have always been a handshake ... not so common anymore.] Comments welcome of course.

D3 with Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8
F2.8, 58mm, and 1/200
SB-800 with Fong cloud diffusser

F3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Regards,

nice portrait...great expression and sharpness

Well done, Barry. I kind of can't wait to say that I've done something for 30 years :wink:

Very nice capture.

Thank you Raj, Francis, and Miguel. I made an 8x10 print for him and he was almost embarrassed it seems until the guys comprising his crew started saying things like "great photo of you boss," "your wife will love this one," etc. He smiled and put it in his truck. :rolleyes: Well, you just never know where your "art work" will go. :biggrin:

Regards,

Love it!!! Great look and colors, super sharp!!

Thank you very much Kurt!

Nice image. Does he do roofing here in England? Mine's shot and needs attention!

Mart61,

Well I did ask him a bit ago about your request to go to England for your roofing, and after pondering it a little, he said that would be okay with him, but seemed you needed to know that it would cost a fair amount for the travel. :smile: Let me know! :rolleyes:

Regards,

that is a great portrait
30 years... all that heat on the roof.... wow
quite a challenge

thanks for sharing

Thanks Greg. The sun has caused him significant skin damage as I'm sure you appreciate. He helps support one of our dermatologists rather well removing cancerous areas. :Sad:

Very nice image, so clear and colorful.

Thank you Gordon, your comments are always much appreciated.

Regards,

Latest threads

Top Bottom