Rookie needs more advices and tips

Hello all. I decided to start shooting portrait and start my own studio set. I have zero experience with studio lighting. However, I just ordered two Einstein E640. 1 medium size octobox and large size 30 x 60 softbox. These will be mounted with a 13 ft heavy duty air-cushioned light stands. I also purchased the cybersync trigger transmitter and the receiver for both strobes.

I would like to ask what to get for back drops. I was told to get seamless role of paper. Which brand that works best. Money is not an issue as long as they are sturdy and more convenient to assemble and disassemble. Weight is a good consideration since I might go mobile in the future. There are too many products out there and would like to start my equipment right the first time. I hope I made the right choice with the Einsteins.

Please provide me a link on where to get them also.

Do I need a boom light and reflectors? I have a SB 800 and SB 900 to add or use to supplement for the background or to deal with shadows if needed.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom