Rose Hips a sure sign that the summer has gone

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Irenejoy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty Irene
    Gezz my youngshimers is gett worse by the day

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
  2. Oops sorry about that I should have posted this picture in macro.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Post it anywhere ya want. I am haveing a prob finding anything on this new interface. I really don't care for it at all.

god old people hate change :>)))

4. Irene,

What are Rose Hips? They look interesting.

5. Gale

Gale,

I agree with you that old people hate change. I am 43 going on 80 and feel like it sometimes, and I am hating every moment of it. I can't believe I am that old. Where has time gone??? I know I felt old when I was having a hard time getting used to the interface too.

What I would give to be 17 again

6. Heyyou to, don't be moaning about getting old. You are still just babies. Now on the otherhand Iam heading up to eighty and change is the spice of life. Rosehips are what is left after the rose dies, in other words the seeds of the rose.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well Irene,
    God bless you dear.

I'm 63..

I will let you be my inspiration!!!!!!

8. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    And if you pluck them, dry them and make a concentrate called "Rose hip syrup", you get one of the best sources of Vitamin C you can find. Love those pictures Irene. Your comments on aging remind me of a saying from a wise old person I knew, who said "After 60, if you wake up and nothing is hurting, you're probably dead".

9. Hi Patrick, during the War in England we children were fed rosehip syrup, our only source of vitamin C.

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Irene, I know, I was there. I also remember malt extract (yuccchh) and concentrate of OJ - equally nasty. But the UK is still using much of that old stuff - rose hip syrup, lucozade, gripe water etc. Rose hips are the only ones to make nice pics though. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.....