Rose Hips

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Nov 22, 2005.

1. I used my Tamron 28-105 f/2.8 for the rose hip and the 70-200 VR for the fall leaves and then put these two images together to create this composition, which I call "Rose Hip." I used a nik multimedia Color Pro 2 filter for a partial black and white tonal conversion along with PS filter and blending effects to achieve this result.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

Fabulous image - you really have this off to a fine art.

I really think you could frame and sell these images - they are really great.

Put me down as your first customer!

Best wishes

Ray

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Virginia.
    Did you use Smart objects to. I have to learn that. Geeeeezzz I have to learn it allll.
    Nik stuff is good, but to $$$$$$$ for me.

Your image is very "fall" color. Looks really nice :>)))

4. Nice one Virginia...great color :smile:

5. Thanks, Ray, you would make a great agent! I'm a big admirer of your work too!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Yes, Gale, I made the rose hip into a smart object. Once you get an object masked, it's pretty easy, but I have to tell you I'd be lost without my Wacom Intuos 3.

The Nik stuff is pretty expensive, I'll agree. Being at student and getting things at student prices softens the blow.

Hope you don't get too gobbled up with Thanksgiving turkey! Are you cooking?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. wonderful image and it inspires me to reach higher.
    Dave

8. Version 2 with Painterly Effects

Thanks, Dave. We always have to reach for a new mark! I'm glad you're looking for ways to top yours!

Here's another version of my Rose Hip montage. It has a very different feel with painterly effects. This is the first time I've tried this style. What do you guys think?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

iosehip-2c_750.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2005
  9. Great image. I'd be happy to look at that on my wall.

10. Thanks, Beezle. I added a frame just for you!

Happy Thanksgiving!:smile:

Virginia
    beaucamera