Rose painting - step by step

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by viewfinder, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Just a follow on of a previous post, simple steps to create painting effect.

What you need is an image with good form, not necessary perfect in terms of sharpness, but with good colour and texture. Texture is important, as the Dry Brush filter will pick up on the variation in colour.

Step 1:
    Crop image to desired size and composition. This sample is stretched slightly from the 100% crop.
    [​IMG]

Step 2:
    Apply Dry Brush filter. The specific parameters used here are: Brush Size: 2, Brush Details: 8, Texture: 1.
    The result will depend on the size of your image, and the texture, so experiment to get the result you want.
    [​IMG]

You are done with the painting! Now to finish off...

Step 3:
    I have applied slight Gaussian Blur here to soften the image.
    [​IMG]

Step 4:
    Frame and add watermark.
    I have applied slight luminous treatment (from Peter iNova's Coolpix eBook) for the final image.
    [​IMG]

Sit back and admire you painting skill! BTW, I can't even paint to save my own life... :wink:

Hope this is useful information.

Regards,
    Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very interesting and informative Jonathan. Thanks. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    that is truly Beautiful
    thank You !!!

4. Absolutely beautiful. I will have to experiment with a few choice images this weekend. Thank you for sharing.

5. Well done tutorial and beautiful image.

6. Good, quick, little tutorial Jonathan! Results are very nice indeed.

7. nice....thanks for this :)

Like the watermark too....assume it is an action..??

8. Thanks everyone for the comments.

It would be good if we can see some of your results with this simple approach.

Regards,
    Jonathan

9. Painting action

Hi Mike,

No, the watermark is not an action, but I do have it prepared and just dragged in from a file. I should record it one day and save me a little time...

BTW, I do have the painting steps in an action. Send me a PM if you (or anyone) are interested. The steps are really simple and not hard to record either.

Regards,
    Jonathan