Rose Petal

A single rose petal taken to see if I could keep from blowing the red channel. 105mm f2.8 micro lens and D2H camera. The veins in the petal look sort of like a tree.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Simple Beauty

Boy, you've got an impressive array of glass there, Gordon! What beautiful texture and color. Where did the water droplets come from and what kind of lighting did you use?

My only other comment is that I would have liked to seen the whole rose.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Re: Simple Beauty

beaucamera said:
Boy, you've got an impressive array of glass there, Gordon! What beautiful texture and color. Where did the water droplets come from and what kind of lighting did you use?

My only other comment is that I would have liked to seen the whole rose.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
Thanks Virgina. This was an asignment from my son-in-law who is putting together a video to be used at the wedding of my grandaughter and he asked me to photograph the front and back of a rose petal which he will animate and show it turning over. Not sure how all this will go together since that is his end. I have furnished other images to him as well. It was lit with bounce flash and natural light and the water droplets were thanks to a spray bottle. As for my lens lineup, I do like every single lens and after I get the 85mm f1.4 it will be complete.

Nice shot, Gordon. the texture is well captured. If the water drops were more elongated and the petal center a bit darker, it surely create an illusion of a funnel. Cheers my friend.

I am 35 miles due west of Richmond. Way out in the country. I have a nice little 12 acre place and do a lot of my shooting right here.
Enjoyed your picture. I surely understand why you chose Utah over Mclean.

daodang said:
Nice shot, Gordon. the texture is well captured. If the water drops were more elongated and the petal center a bit darker, it surely create an illusion of a funnel. Cheers my friend.
Thanks Dao, always nice to hear from you. I have missed seeing your posts and comments of late. Hope all is well with you and that your eye operation is still successful.

C

Canyonlu

I love the detail........the texture, the veins, the droplets...and read the reason you did this. I'd love to see that animation when your son-in-law is finished! Beautiful!

Nice detail and texture. You obviously succeeded in controlling the red channel. The real problems start when there are more colors and details in the pic which have to enter your exposure calculations.
Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom