Rose Petal

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by greyflash, Apr 8, 2005.

1. A single rose petal taken to see if I could keep from blowing the red channel. 105mm f2.8 micro lens and D2H camera. The veins in the petal look sort of like a tree.

2. Simple Beauty

Boy, you've got an impressive array of glass there, Gordon! What beautiful texture and color. Where did the water droplets come from and what kind of lighting did you use?

My only other comment is that I would have liked to seen the whole rose.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Re: Simple Beauty

Thanks Virgina. This was an asignment from my son-in-law who is putting together a video to be used at the wedding of my grandaughter and he asked me to photograph the front and back of a rose petal which he will animate and show it turning over. Not sure how all this will go together since that is his end. I have furnished other images to him as well. It was lit with bounce flash and natural light and the water droplets were thanks to a spray bottle. As for my lens lineup, I do like every single lens and after I get the 85mm f1.4 it will be complete.

4. nicely done, Gordon. Excellent display of color.

5. Hi Dave, thanks for your comments. I was trying to think where Powhatan, VA, is since I used to live in McLean at one time. Can't seem to come up with it.

6. Nice shot, Gordon. the texture is well captured. If the water drops were more elongated and the petal center a bit darker, it surely create an illusion of a funnel. Cheers my friend.

7. I am 35 miles due west of Richmond. Way out in the country. I have a nice little 12 acre place and do a lot of my shooting right here.
    Enjoyed your picture. I surely understand why you chose Utah over Mclean.

8. Thanks Dao, always nice to hear from you. I have missed seeing your posts and comments of late. Hope all is well with you and that your eye operation is still successful.

9. Canyonlu

Canyonlu Guest

I love the detail........the texture, the veins, the droplets...and read the reason you did this. I'd love to see that animation when your son-in-law is finished! Beautiful!

10. Very nice Gordon! :D :D :D

11. Thanks Marilu, what kind words. My son-in-law is a talented videographer so I am certain it will be nice.

Bryan, thanks to you as well for your comment.

12. Nice detail and texture. You obviously succeeded in controlling the red channel. The real problems start when there are more colors and details in the pic which have to enter your exposure calculations.
    Cheers

13. Thanks Harry I appreciate you taking the time to look and to comment.