1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Roses are red, port-a-pottys are blue...

Discussion in 'People' started by 06FZ6, Aug 25, 2008.

1. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    CC Welcomed!

[​IMG]

2. avyoung

avyoung

Dec 17, 2007
    Canada
    Oh that is speedlight abuse!!!
    :) 

3. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    :tongue: the things we do for a shot!

4. I thought about saying that this is a "crappy" shot, but that would be too cliche'!!! :biggrin: :wink:

5. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    Haha! That's classic!

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Roses are red,
    port-a-pottys are blue...
    it's so good to see he has his jeans on too!

I am happy to report...not that anyone really cares...I have never ever used one of these. Ewwwww just gross.

Like the shot...it's different!

7. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    Nice shot, interesting choice of subject... Is there a story behind this?

8. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Made me laugh!!!

The worst thing about these is that they are ALL OVER THE PLACE NEAR WHERE I LIVE:

Potty.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This "Blue Rest Station" is literally a stones throw from where I live in Sacramento. Just seems sooo incongruous being in the middle of a beautiful field scene. It's a working farm from which we get some of our produce. Glad they use a porta potty rather than...oh wait I just noticed the door is jammed shut with something.

Worse than this, there is a marshland bird refuge a few miles down the highway and it is literally dotted with these...really ruins some pano shots. Possibly we need a thread for the worst located "Blue Rest Station."

Anyway, I laughed at the OP's post... but hope we don't see a for sale add listing the flash in like new condition (just having fun).:tongue:

9. LMBO! You're braver than I....I don't go within 10 feet of those things.

10. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    The story is this...

Korey (the man in the potty) and I went on a local forum photo walk with about 20 other people. While everyone was going for the more traditional (still amazing) photos, he and I decided that this port-a-potty would make a bolder statement. In true strobist style, we scouted the location, rigged up some speedlights, and even dug through the trash looking for props (the beer bottle was a find from a near by trash can).

When we were setting up the shot, we noticed that the urinal part was exactly where we wanted to put a speedlight. Korey actually said.. "there's no water in it" to which I responded "...but there once was pee!"

11. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    LMBO again and again!!! Great lighting! I would have been afraid the methane gas would ignite with the flashes. It is "Duchamp" for the photography world! Killer shot, great work!

Little Cub

12. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Kida fitting considering his shirt.

13. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    WOW! Thank you for this comment! :cool: 

Thank you everyone for telling me how this makes you feel. I am happy to share!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.