Roses in November?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jczinn, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens today in search of whatever fall foliage might be left. Instead, found the Rose Garden in full bloom! What's up with that?? Very strange warm fall...but I'm not complaining!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All taken with the D100 and Tamron 17-35.

2. Hi Janet,

The sharpness and DOF of the closeups are really striking! I always like composition of roses up close, and these are no exception.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Janet,
    Very pretty. roes are just really special. Well done.

Glad your having a mild fall :>))

4. Just love the well exposed yellow one.
    Cheers

5. Beautiful rose pictures.

6. Hi Janet,

I love them all especially the yellow one. It is wierd to see roses blooming in mid November.

7. Thanks all! I actually did a little research and found that there are many variety of roses that bloom continuously through fall, or rebloom in fall. Although November does seem a bit late. Who knew!?

8. Janet,

Pretty roses indeed. Good DOF. This year, autumn is pretty unusual, at least for the temperatures.

9. Janet, very nice pictures, I loved all of them. Here the roses are all gone since quite a while.

10. Hi Janet and thanks for sharing these roses. I was just out in my backyard and my roses are still blooming as well. Course we still haven't had our first frost yet. I have some pink ones that are really quite pretty.