Round the corner from where I live

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by David B, Nov 1, 2005.

1. David B

David B Guest

This is my first post and is not the best picture in the world but I just wanted to show you the Abbey that is down the road from where I live. It is called Furness Abbey and was built by the Cistercian monks in 1123.

Hope you enjoy the picture.

Regards

David

658714ce.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
  2. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Great pic, looks like a relaxing place.

3. Nice picture David. I would imagine there is a lot to shoot in England. I wish I could visit some time and get some of those fine pictures.

4. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Beautiful shot.

My only trip to England was on business -- stayed less than a day, most of it inside an office, and my only view of the countryside was out a cab window on a drive from Leeds to Manchester.

It would be interesting to be living among so much history. I heard or read someone from Europe remark once to an American, "I've got a toolshed behind my house that's older than your country."

5. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

wonderfully well balanced! No blown highlights and good definition in the shadow areas. Nice pic!

6. 1123???? could you not find anything a tad bit more historic?
    Great stuff and if this is your first post we are in for a treat, having you as a member.
    Dave

7. Very nice image and to think that it is reight there where you live. Keep them coming.

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    And again another beautiful image. Thank you for sharing and please post again.

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Furness Abbey

Hi Dave

Looks great......used the monopod eh!!!!!!!

I really like the composition it is super.

Very best wishes and nice to see you posting here....see you in an hour.............oh sorry, I am always at work a lot earlier than you!!!!

All the best

Ray

10. David B

David B Guest

Thanks

:smile: Thanks everybody for your kind comments. The picture was straight out of the camera - no cropping and no retouching - just good fortune.

Only had the D70 for a little while so still trying to get the hang of it. I am using it a lot at the moment as I'm off to East Africa for nearly 5 weeks in December and I'm hoping to get a few pictures when I go. Actually I'm hoping to get a few thousand pictures when I go and that's why I've bought the NextoDi storage device.

I will bore you all to death with my pictures when I get back.

David

11. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Lovely part of the world very nicely rendered. We will all look forward to seeing your trip pictures from East Africa.

12. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    You live in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing this really nice picture. And post many more, please.