Round the world with a 12-24

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dave Rosser, May 7, 2005.

1. Bought a 12-24mm Nikkor last year for my D1H and got fixated on using it while on a round the world trip last autumn (fall for Americans and Elizabethan Englishmen :D ). Here are some of the results, one from Western Australia and the rest from Joshua Tree NP in California (I am a great lover of deserts and we don't have them in the UK :( )
    Feel free to comment

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wonderful Images.. Sure hope you will share a bunch more.

Trip around the world. Gotta be everybodies dream..

Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wonderful Images.. Sure hope you will share a bunch more.

Trip around the world. Gotta be everybodies dream..

Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing.

4. Thanks Gale, twice over :D . How are you getting on with your 80-400mm? I use mine almost as much as my 12-24mm

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Nice work Dave. the first and fith are my favorites. well seen and photographed.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Dave I think all those shots are good, but really think that first one is
    wonderful. I'm thinking of going a little wider in my lens lineup and the
    12-24 is on the want list.

photo.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    That lens is magical in your talented hands.

Very Very nice images :)

Congrats

8. Everyone is so friendly in this forum - I like it here. All this praise is going to my head!! It does encourage me to go out and take more photos though!!! :lol:

9. Damn, those are nice shots! I bet they'd make killer b&w pictures as well. Definitely worth hanging on the wall! 1 and 5 have the most visual impact for me. Man, I really want that lens now.

10. Fantastic captures!! My favorite is the first shot!! :D :D :D

11. These are wonderful...I look forward to getting an opportunity to see that part of the world someday...I love deserts too! And I have yet to really try the 12-24 on real landscapes (just city shots) and these prove to me that is what it is best for! Thanks for the inspiration..

12. Congratulations for beautiful lanscapes Dave. Great lens in the hand of talented photographers. I agree with Jonathan vor #1 and #5. The sky in #5 is eye-catching. I think #4 is a candidate for B&W conversion. Nice to have you on NikonCafe.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Dave,
    Sorry for the double post. My mouse and wacom pen are just about to give out. New one will be here tomorrow.

sometime it clicks 2-3 times and sometimes it take me 2-3 tries and that is where the prob set in.

But double the great photos is a good thing :>)))))

14. Thanks again for the comments. Jonathan, I love B&W and intend to play with some of the shots to see what I can get. I use Picture Window Pro (I have an aversion to paying the sort of price Adobe charge for Photoshop) and Picture Window Pro has a convert to monochrome function which allows you to choose a Wratten series filter (23A orange etc.) to "take" the B&W shot. Here is the first one "shot" through a green filter (darkens blue sky without lightening yellowish colours as a yellow or orange filter would).

15. Boy those are nice wide angle shots, I love them! I have been thinkng about picking up a 12-24mm for a while now. Seeing pictures like this sure doesn't help the lust.

16. I do love these images this lens churns out. If I'm going to add any further lens to my arsenal, it would be this one... but difficult to justify after already owning the 17-55.... just means a further 5mm for one lens??? ouch$$$$
    These are great pics, Dave.