RRS Long Lens Support

Real Name
Randy
Just got off the phone with RRS. For the tripod use a B2-LRII clamp. This will screw to your tripod head without a leveling base. Works with RRS or Gitzo tripods (the center studs are standard in the industry). The man on the phone said the B2-LLR II is too long.

For the Wimberley WH-200 or BH-40 ball head use a TH-DVTL-40.

For a BH-55 ball head use a TH-DVTL-55
Are you getting this ?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Your lucky, it’s a common problem. Do you do any preventative maintenance
My Wimberley gimbal was "stuttering"...meaning not panning smoothly. (I had bought it used.) I called Wimblerley and they said send it in.....so I did. They serviced it and even updated some parts to current configuration. It came back panning smoothly. That was about 2 years ago.

But I've never had problems with getting the gimbal off the tripod screw....and I'm so paranoid about the gimbal loosening, that I tug at it often to make sure it is still firmly attached to the tripod.(Story below....)

The only time I've had a problem was with my very new, never used RRS TVC24L! I had been using it for a couple of days in Costa Rica. Arriving back at the hotel, I asked Justin to set the collapsed tripod + gimbal on the sidewalk so I could get out of the van. When he set it down, the gimbal toppled onto the sidewalk!!!!! :eek: YIKES! So glad the D5 and 500 weren't attached! Long story short, RRS had not correctly assembled and used locktite on the apex assembly!!!!! After a phone call to RRS when I got home, they sent me a replacement Apex assembly.

Your lucky, it’s a common problem. Do you do any preventative maintenance
I've never done any maintenance to my WH-200 which I bought used, but I did download and read the instructions. https://www.tripodhead.com/products/Instructions-WH-200.pdf See the bottom of page 1. There is a "Leverage Hole" at the base of the head that you can use to loosen the head if it is on too tight. I routinely use the Leverage Hole to tighten the head an extra amount for safety and then again to release. No problems after several years of attaching and removing it that way.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom