RRS' new MH-01 Monopod head

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Randy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    and BP-Pro2 clamp
    with a D300 + 300VR

this is one heavy duty head/clamp...pricey but rated for 75lbs vs 6lbs for the bogen 3232 head and rrs bp-pro clamp

[​IMG]

2. Looks sweet; I just this moment got the email that mine is shipping today. :smile:

3. It IS sweet. I received mine at the end of July after about a 4 week wait. It is a far more stable set up for the 300/2.8. As much as I liked the Bogen 3232, the 300/2.8 on a pro body was just too heavy for it. The new RRS set up isn't cheap but it is worth it.

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i have been surprised how well the 3232 did w/ my D3, 300 2.8 VR and TC and would have stayed with it except that I just got a 400vr and that xtra 4lbs is pushing it to much.....i also like the way the new clamp bolts from the top vs the bottom

RRS really manufactures some impresive h/w

5. I never understood why the Bogen is rated for so little weight. I think it's cast aluminum so it probably wouldn't stand an impact but I think I could hang from it without breaking it. I don't think its tension adjustment works too well though. I do like the looks of that RRS clamp but I'm curious if the tension adjustment has a nice adjustment range and how easy is it to fully tighten up?

Maybe someday I'll take the plunge.

6. It's a big knob, so easy to tighten up or loosen.

7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i just got back from my 1st outing w/ it and it's a WOW for sure
    the tension is 100% better than the 3232 but the 3232 is pretty much open or closed and has no tension and that big knob is great

8. randy...
    i'm so glad you pointed this setup out to me
    it's really the only way to go

thanks for the picture