Rte 109 Red Tail hawk today

Saw one of the hawks again today, different tree (lower/closer, but more obscured by branches). The soaring shots were tough, shooting directly into the sun, but trying to capture detail underneath the bird.

D200, 300mm f/5, 1/750sec +0.3EV ISO200 hand held out car window

76100901.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These soaring shots are 2 different "laps" almost directly over my car and I dialed in +0.7EV
View attachment 86842

View attachment 86843

I'm thinking I need to take another load of stuff to storage, to see if he's back! :biggrin:

Well Done on a very pretty bird

Thank you Gary, you're kind! :smile: I really get excited when I see one of these guys sitting over there as I haul more stuff to storage. I think there are 2 distinct birds (based on chest markings) and this is the one I had been seeing earlier.

Neither of them much seem to like their photos being taken, I get in about 5 shots and then they take off. :rolleyes:

Very nice Gretchen. I like the feather detail on your flight shots. Like you said, it isn't easy to do in those conditions.

Very nice Gretchen. I like the feather detail on your flight shots. Like you said, it isn't easy to do in those conditions.

Thank you Chris. :smile:

Believe it or not, we have 2 RT's flying over my neighborhood today, screeching for all they're worth. Too bad they're up so high!! :wink:

WOW! Gretchen, nice shootin! Wish I could go with ya to storage - I'd help carry something - like your camera? LOL keep em comin!

Thanks Dianne! I think we're *just* about done stuffing things into storage.....soon the house goes on the market (yay!).

Great job with the light, Gretchen! The detail is very good!

Bill

Thank you Bill! :smile:

Thank you Mike! I find these guys to be just gorgeous when they soar over-head. Hopefully the thermals are frequent this summer!! :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom