RTH This Morning At Dawn

I spotted this Raptor this morning before dawn and sat on him just to the point where the sun was just starting to illuminate the spot where he was sitting....at which point he promptly flew away of course. I did manage to get one shot as the light was getting nice but it is somewhat compromised. I should have used more than the +.3V which I used....however, as the shutter speed at ISO 500 was only 1/100 and I was shooting at 700mm, I figured I'd best not slow it down any further.

Not perfect, but nice light at least :)

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gorgeous light Jim, and very nice RTH. :smile:

It is so frustrating to be without camera during this great time of the year, and we are having such perfect weather. :Depressed

Hi Frank

I know how it feels not to have a camera avaialble as I've gone the repair route several times over the past year and a half.

It goes without saying that the weather will be nice when the gear is down....it's Murphys Law :)

There is a simple answer. You need more cameras. :) On a serious note, I have always heard that Nikon provided excellent repair speed. I have done one repair with Canon (actually 2...but one was me being an idiot) and they were so-so.

-JM

G

Gordon Large

Compromised???

Hey Jim -

So what exactly is compromised? :confused: Beautiful bird in nice pose in gorgeous first light. I hope you will help me shoot comprosed images like this up in NH! :smile:

Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon

The trouble is....if you go looking for them, you'll never see them :)

You need to be driving to work at 6:00AM with the camera in the front seat next to you and the tripod in the back....just in case.

I am going to go look for this bird at lunchtime...and I bet ya that I don't find him!

B

bfjr

Excellent Jim
worth every effort to capture even 1 frame !!!
and boy do I know the effort needed to get a good image of any raptor!!
:wink:

Exellent shot, Jim. I just wish some of my shots were half as good as your "somewhat compromised" shot! Fantastic lighting and great composition!

Latest threads

Top Bottom