1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ruby's are red...

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Doug, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Just a Ruby's resturant test, that's all. :) 

28mm 1.4d lens on D200 f 2.0 400 iso, set to fast aperture, but really at infinity, not limited by narrow depth of field here. Easily handheld @ 1/25th second shutter time.

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Doug
    Nice pic
    Tad crooked:>))) lol

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Crooked is the art Gale. (Where's that tongue stuck out) I used my car as my mobile pod. So, I was dodging a rear view mirror. lol This was really a test, just a night test shot. I have to say, the 28 is going to be so much fun for store neons/signs.

damn, it is crooked isn't it. I guess I really was tired last night. :)  In my defense, I swear I don't think that parking lot was flat. hehe.

4. You crack me up Doug, LOL. The ruby red colors do pop out.

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    George, I crack myself up. You know, those people on the front row of cars, really should not drive SUVs, and they should drive cars with nice emblems, like Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari... Would make my photo not have to stand up straight. :) 

6. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Super (though crooked :) ) shot Doug!!

7. might that slant be the lens distortion?.. foreground looks level or more level.

8. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Stephanie is from Florida, she doesn't know what a hill is. lol.

Actually, I was sitting down, perhaps that changed the perspective. The 28 1.4d doesn't distort a building's lines, what you are seeing is parking lot variation, as most lots slope away from the building for drainage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.