1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ruffed Lemurs

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by DanielD, Jul 7, 2008.

1. One of ours zoos has a big enclosure with two gates and a path leading through it which is open for visitors. Its funny to see those lemurs that close (and without a fence or glass in front of the lens :smile:) . The drawback is that once one of them comes to the path, there's quickly a crowd of visitors around blocking the view :) mad:) . I got some decents snaps nevertheless. (but can do better)

327476203_6e4tZ-O.

327476504_GDzwa-O.

327476634_vnw4W-O.

327476680_ESfkZ-O.

327477075_KnAPJ-O.

They can be pretty loud too. :wink:

2. Great shots!!!

Are they generally spazzes?
    I know nothing about lemurs.:biggrin:

3. They're certainly cute little critters! Makes me wanna sing that song from the movie - "I wanna move it, move it, just like that!" Madagascar

4. omg - I LOOOVE ruffled lemurs - I'd love to see them that close without glass or bars! Beautiful shots :) 

5. You got some nice captures there, some of the expressions are just awesome!!!

6. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I clicked on this post accidentally after misreading the title as "Ruffled Lemurs" - I'm a lemur fan but was very intrigued to see some mad lemurs. Alas - not ruffled lemurs (although #2 looks a bit mad) but I'm very glad I looked - great shots! I keep meaning to go to the local zoo and check out the meerkats (my personal favorite just ahead of lemurs).

7. Thanks all. They weren't more mad than little monkeys are in general, and only a tad more mad than the human monkeys watching them :wink:.
    #2 was taken when it was yelling to the rest of the gang, hence the funny look. (the complete set is here)

8. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Those are really nice. Man that last one looks like some movie actor but I can't get the name....

9. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Excellent! I love lemurs.

10. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Excellent - I LOVE #4. We have ring tailed lemurs at our zoo - they are fantastic.

11. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice captures. They sure have some intensive eyes, eh?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.