Rufford Abbey

This is a picture inside Rufford Abbey in Nottinghamshire. The abbey was closed during Henry VIII's reign and became a country house. However, parts of the original abbey still exist and are open to walk around.

This was taken at ISO 1600 with a D200 - I've applied some noise reduction in LR. Overall I am pretty pleased with this shot.

5604439086_4f4e52ab81_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Note to mods: I wasn't sure where to post this one, couldn't see a forum for low light shots inside buildings.

The abbey was closed during Henry VIII's reign...

Closed quite violently!

I like the feel of the photo? Was it shot as a RAW file? I find that taking multiple exposure of single RAW images and then using Exposure Fusion (rather than the more dramatic HDR) can really help bring out textures and soften the highlights in low light scenes - it might be worth trialling Photomatix and having a play.

Closed quite violently!
Yes, between Henry VIII and Oliver Cromwell there are quite a few ruined churches etc. in the UK.
I like the feel of the photo? Was it shot as a RAW file? I find that taking multiple exposure of single RAW images and then using Exposure Fusion (rather than the more dramatic HDR) can really help bring out textures and soften the highlights in low light scenes - it might be worth trialling Photomatix and having a play.

Thanks for your comments.

This was shot using a single RAW, I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out - especially given that I took it with such and obsolete :biggrin: camera!

I might try Photomatix on it based on what you've said - I haven't come across Exposure Fusion, only HDR.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Andy, once more a proof that the camera is much less important as the photographer.
I love this one, real nice subdued colors; I think you caught this one very good!

Andy,

Lovely, you should be more than 'pretty pleased' with these results. Well done!!

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I've been going to that location for a number of years and this is the first time that my daughters have been willing to venture inside the actual abbey (usually we spend our time in the gardens and playpark).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom