Rugby Union Pre season friendly

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bluesmangraham, Aug 31, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    gee that looks grim conditiosn to be out and about in.

I like this set being a rugby man myself (igmore these americans - they don't know what they are missing).

#2's my pick

2. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    There is at least one american that appreciates them. Having spent more then may fair share of time in the scrum. Nice shots, I think the conditions add to the feel of the shots. Thankfully for my body this has been the closet to the game in a long time, although the alumni game is in just a few weeks....

3. nice shooting in horrible conditions
    what intensity in the game of rugby
    great faces

well done

4. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    But we know to spell ignore. :biggrin:

5. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice series under tough conditions
    I like shooting in the rain adds a touch of drama
    well done

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have to give you a +1 for battling the elements to capture the action. I think you captured some great stuff and the rain makes it even more dramatic.

7. Thanks for the comments Darren, I see you've purchaserd a new 300 as well:smile:, good job i purchased a cover straight away or this game wouldn't have happened. I am a dedicated rugby man myself, (sort of American Football for men):tongue: ,only joking guys!, I've shot the American football at Wembely here in the UK & it's one tough game!,.

pDuany, Thank you for your comments, I'm also glad i'm not playing anymore. The body crunches sounded awful :eek:.

spalding12, thank's for looking in, I hope i don't shoot in rain like this for a long time!

Oldtime, thanks for the kind words!, I agree Rugby is made for bad weather but i'd have prefered the mud after the deluge as apposed to sitting through it :smile:. Kind regards Graham

Frank, thank you instead of the +1 can i have a decent coat LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  8. Graham:

which cover did you purchase for your camera/lens, if i might ask?

thanks

9. Nice shots I love shooting in the rain you can get some incredible feel to your shots

10. Hi Greg, I have just done a search for the cover but turned up nothing!, I purchased it off ebay from a local, (to me in Yorkshire, UK), trader that custom makes them to your requirements in Black/Blue or camo for any lens :), they are a very high quality, highly compact & totally waterproof cover. Highly recommended & cheap!, my 300 AF-SII custom made one cost £15.00 (approx $28.00)The seller seems to advertise on ebay every few months (i had his tel. number but have lost it!!). when i find a contact again I will PM you the details.

Hi Mike, looking at your avitar your well used to the rain lol, thanks for the comments.
    Kind regards Graham

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I recently purchased an Aquatech cover for my body and 300mm f/2.8, no more white plastic kitchen bags for me! I have not used the cover yet, ever since I purchased, we haven't had any rain or even clouds in the sky.

12. Wow Frank a bit of a difference in the price market:eek: thats nigh on £100 as apposed to my £15.00, i hope it tells you when the rain is coming!! lol

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Graham, I was not real pleased to spend that much money, but I had a gift card for Calumet Photographic and thought I would buy the best gear available. As far as it forecasting an approaching weather system, I'll get back to you on that one! :tongue:

14. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    BMGraham, these are nice! Shooting in the rain gives great color, and full dynamic range (as well as wet drawers and socks :biggrin:)

#1 and 2 are stellar, keep posting, I LOVE rugby....

15. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    So Do I :smile: Just can't type it

16. Now that is proper English weather, tough conditions for a tough game, and very well acaptured.