1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rugby with a 300 f4

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Paul Evans, Apr 14, 2007.

1. A few weeks ago I tried shooting Rugby with a 70-200VR with a TC14-II. Today I shot a game with a 300 f4. The light was similar on both occasions, overcast and cold. Both games were shot handheld with the aperture set between f4 and f5.6.

I really didn't miss the zoom of the 70 - 200... and I think the captures looked a little better from the 300 f4... here are a few from today with the 300 f4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't wait to try these lens out when there is some real sunlight to work with!

2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Very nice! I think the 300 worked well for you. I can almost feel the mud on the knees.

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i tell ya man ... that 300 is a GREAT lens .... espically with good light @f5.6

4. Man do I love that game!! I miss playing, my back does not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.