Rules/guidelines/norms for 52 week project

Real Name
Doug
Since Connie (Clix Pix) has already noted some confusion in her first 2020 entry, I thought it would be helpful to get consensus..

Connie noted that she interpreted the "weekly" interval to mean the preceding 7 days. That works for me. But what about the actual time of capture? As Connie also noted, her style of shooting is opportunistic as opposed to planned. I am a little of both and already I've found myself on a planned photo outing when I see something that clicks (no pun intended, Connie) with my chosen theme and off I go. Those opportunistic photos will have been taken at least one week earlier than they are posted. Is that OK or must the photos posted come from the previous 7 days? If I get a vote, I vote for some flexibility because I think that is in keeping with the intent of the 52 project, namely getting out and shooting every week.

What say you all?

I've always assumed (as is true for the Collective Shoot, Octoberfest, etc.) that pictures (limit of 3?) are posted during the week they are shot. Exceptions for when you can't post (i.e., when traveling without a computer/access to the internet, power outages, etc.).

Real Name
Doug
I've always assumed (as is true for the Collective Shoot, Octoberfest, etc.) that pictures (limit of 3?) are posted during the week they are shot. Exceptions for when you can't post (i.e., when traveling without a computer/access to the internet, power outages, etc.).
I understood that for the collective shoot. Seems overly restrictive for the 52 week but if those are the rules, so be it. While scouting for next weeks post I came across some "urban murals" and a song popped into my head. I took some photos of the art work and was planning a post for week after next with them. I can always go back and reshoot, I guess.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
The picture(s) should be taken in the actual week.
If it is published a little later (up to 2 or 3 days) it doesn't matter.

Kind regards
Klaus

Sorry about the confusion! At times my literal-mindedness can be a bit problematic, to say the least. My interpretation of 'the week" probably is a bit too literal and it really does make more sense to start the week either on Sunday or Monday, so we're all on the same page. I would agree that Sunday is the standard, traditional beginning of a week, regardless of when the first day of a new year on the calendar starts! :). Monday makes sense, too, though, as the real beginning of a week, as that is when people return to work or school from the weekend.

My interpretation of the timing of the image shooting is that any submissions should have been shot during that particular week. Week one, all of those images shot during that time frame, week two, the same, etc., etc. I tend to shoot several times a week anyway, both impulsively and a little more planned. When someone does a Photo of the Day project, the expectation is that they will shoot an image each day, so it is logical that if one is doing a 52 weeks project that the image(s) should be shot during that week, then posted at some time during that week. As Klaus notes, though, sometimes it's not always possible to post during the required time frame due to travel, illness or some other issue, and that make sense that then the participant would simply post when he or she can.

As you'll have seen, I got itchy and decided to post today since I already had four nice images I wanted to share...... Oops, again! Is there a limit of only three images? Didn't realize that!

I still think you have more than enough gas in your tank for a 365 :D

Nah...... But, yeah, sure, right now I'm shooting up a storm playing with my new gear and there's always something interesting to try, but eventually that newness wears off and inspiration starts to fade a bit. Also, as I found when I did the 365 project, it was actually rather stressful trying to present a wonderful, well-shot, creative and interesting image each and every day. So, using the last two weeks as an example, a couple of the images I shot and showed in the first week before I finally realized what I was supposed to be doing, really were not all that great, and there are a few that I shot this past week that also are not all that great and either didn't get processed at all or were edited and I decided that they didn't really meet up to standard so they were set aside rather than included as part of the group of "best" images of the week. Actually, that is another valuable component of doing a 52-Week as opposed to a 365: one learns and strives to be more discriminating, careful and thoughtful about what is shot, but also more importantly, what is actually shared.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom