Rules/guidelines/norms for 52 week project

Real Name
Doug
I find holidays an annoyance because they interrupt my peaceful weeks when people are at work and school..... LOL! I like doing things such as shopping, etc., during the weekdays when everyone else is otherwise occupied. Stores and other places are much less crowded then.....
:D I know exactly how you feel.

Love Sunday mornings. All the god smitten are busy and the stores are empty.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!
59 months to retirement...

I was supposed to retire 4 years ago, but for some reason I keep helping my clients. Now that I am 70 I am striving to work fewer weeks per year and fewer hours per week.

The one upside to still working is that it makes it very easy to buy new camera gear :)

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Is there a convention we should follow for the week number? Being a software developer, I immediately assumed that we would use the “standard” week numbering where the week with January 1 of a year is week 1. Then the only part left was to figure out if the week started on Monday (ISO) or Sunday (US).

Of course after a few years in the software business, I have learned that all standards are local to the client and another client across the street does not do things the same way :)

My Apple Calendar agrees with you.
I marked my last submissions and edited my post title to reflect that they were Week 3 submissions.
I'm now working on week 4 and will change my posting heading to reflect that.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
That only leaves the Sunday/Monday part which is not an issue until January 1, 2023 which falls on a Sunday. Then US calendar users would have a 1 day week 1 and ISO calendar users would start week 1 on January 2, 2023. Arggghhhhhhhhhhh! For fun if your have Excel compare =ISOWEEKNUD(DATE(2023,1,1)) and =WEEKNUM(DATE(2023,1,1))

US week numbers start with the week containing January 1 while ISO week numbers start with the week containing the first Thursday of the Year.

My project will start each week on Monday and end it on Sunday. Just like the normal work week. Makes it easier that way! I'll be shooting at various times during the week and then when I've finished up that time period will look at what I've shot and either on Sunday evening or some time on Monday share what I think and hope are the best ones. Some weeks I'll be shooting more frequently than others, depending upon how busy I am with other things and so on. That's the nice part of a weekly, as opposed to a daily, photo project!

So right now I'm wrapping up Week 3 and tomorrow will begin Week 4.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hey guys, grab your cameras - go out shooting and show the results here ;):):D.

Noone will harm you when you're outside a special time frame...

The 52 weeks challenge should be fun
Klaus

I agree, Klaus! I'm having a great time! That's the whole idea, isn't it, that we all have fun with this?

I like the flexibility and the freedom that I did not have when I attempted the 365 POTD -- that was just too much. This 52-week project is ideal, as some days I get in the mood to shoot or I see something interesting and I grab a camera and go to it; other days I'm busy and don't really have the time to do anything with the camera. I do like having a definite beginning and end period, too, keeps me on my toes and gives me purpose. I'll admit that I'm also still very much in the "honeymoon" period with my new gear, but even before I had it I had started shooting again quite a bit during 2018 and 2019, finding real pleasure in it after a hiatus of a couple of years.

Latest threads

Top Bottom