1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rumors about D400?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by pforsell, Aug 29, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    The D300 is soon one year old and the shelf life seems to be about 18 to 24 months. If Nikon keeps the same schedule, shouldn't we soon be seeing fake images and "leaked" specs of the D300 replacement?

Anyone heard anything speculative yet? 15 Mpix like the Canon 50D? Video mode naturally, souped up processing power and more responsive AF?

2. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    The future is convergence. I have it from a reliable source that the D400 will combine a DSLR, a camcorder, a 3G phone, a GPS unit, a lunar excursion module and a cheese grater in the base.

To be honest I find it hard to think what they could do given the amazing performance of current offerings. Maybe a D300 style body with a Sony 24MP sensor? And perhaps Bluetooth wireless comms? And a print button to finally get Nikon on an equal footing with Canon.

3. Ginzu knives man, its gotta come with Ginzu knives!

Actually I'm not too worried about the D400. Its the D500 I'm waiting for now that I have a D300.

Warm regards,

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'll take anything Nikon offers, especially if it helps me shoot Friday Night Football without the necessity of a flash.

5. I don't know, but I sure hope the kit lens is another 18- something! Maybe 18-300 f2.8-4 !

6. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I don't know what anyone has on the books right now, but I hope they ALL exploit the new backlit sensor technology!

7. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I hear the D400 is supposed to have an Espresso maker with built in bean grinder as well. For those early morning shoots......:biggrin:

8. I heard the D400 will go out and take the pictures for you - while you sit home on your couch and watch TV.

It'll also pick up hookers and beer on the way home.

9. There is no way my wife will let me buy it then, besides I don't have any use for the hookers, beer maybe :smile:

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    The D400 is actually supposed to tap into the disposable camera market. True story.

11. I think the D400 will have NX processing software built in along with keyboard, mouse and video ports. Networking is optional. :biggrin:

MikeT

12. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Why's the cheese grater always on the bottom were it's difficult to reach?

13. Do we really want 15-16mp in a 1.5 sensor? It may work for the technophiles, but the D300 is aimed towards people with some camera sense. Unless Nikon improves noise improvements, the high ISO should look pretty ugly. I vote more features and improvements on the 12mp sensor.

14. El Guero

El Guero

Aug 5, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    I hear that the D400 autofocus system will tie into exposure scene recognition processor/database. If it identifies something it concludes is a mosquito flying across the scene, it will track it with the D400's 105 AF sensors and direct the pop-up flash's new integrated laser to knock the mosquito out of the air. You will also get a HD video of the mosquito's demise. Developed in conjunction with the DOD.

15. RGB Bob

RGB Bob Guest

Thank goodness for the lunar excursion module. The rest of those features are useless...

16. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    :370:

17. sambru

sambru In Memoriam 1957-2014

More like it will tap into the disposable income of folks that "must have new" evey time a new model comes out.

18. JCole

JCole Guest

I'm single so I don't have to worry about an angry wife, but it better have wi-fi to send me their photographs for approval first.

19. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I heard the new D400 can kick Chuck Norris's butt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.