Rumors on new 50mm f/1.4 AFS, 85mm f/1.4 AFS, and 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Pianisimo, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

Taken from nikonrumors.com:
    "Today I got a confirmation on at least 3 lenses (released at Photokina):
    AF-S 50mm 1.4 G - replacement is coming (confirmed)

AF-S 85mm 1.4 G - replacement is coming (confirmed)

AF-S 70-200mm 2,8 VRII - replacement is coming (confirmed)
    No confirmations yet on the AF-S 28mm 2.8 and on the AF-S 80-400mm 4.5-5.6 (this may change in the next few weeks).
    Don't ask about the source - can't say anything else for now. I have sufficient information to believe that this info is legit and this is why I am posting it. My confidence about this rumor is 85% - it is only from a single source (in the past we had 99% confidence). The lenses will probably be N & ED but not VR. Remember, we are talking about rumors here - if you have a weak stomach, wait for the official release."

This was a few days ago - I don't know if anyone here has seen this yet or there's a topic but I haven't seen one. Any thoughts? I think these all have to come eventually, this year's photokina seems like a good time to introduce them :D

2. Wail

Wail

Aug 14, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    This is very interesting .. when is the Photokina event due this year?

3. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Sept 23-28.

4. Wail

Wail

Aug 14, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks, so that's too far to wait :smile:

Having just sold my 70-200VR; may be if the new one gets better VR (VR II) then I may just pick one up.

5. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    ED glass:cool:

Gregory

6. That's great news!
    Perhaps the price of the old ones are going to come down a lot!

-jeff

7. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    Bah! I just got myself 70-200 off the cafe, now it'll stop working once the new one is out :tongue:

8. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    New lenses!!! New lenses!!! :866::866::866::866:

9. The 70-200 is my most important focal range for my job. If there is a new one, I'm definitely going to pick one up.

10. aaaahhh, the vaunted rumoured lens release. it would be nice if they did come out with the afformentioned lens. but i am more than satisfied with my 85 1.4D, 70-200 VR and (soon to buy i hope) 50mm f1.2 AIS.

the more important thing other than the release for most people is the price.

11. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

Not for the people here it isn't!:biggrin:

Nahh I can't afford any. But hopefully it'll drive 70-200 VRI prices down a bit so I can finally get one.

12. stevo

stevo

Aug 26, 2008
    Wexford, PA
    I love rumours.. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait for the 85mm f1.4 rumour to crystallise so I bought an AF model. Have been staring at this lens for a little while and gee it feels good and does wonderful things too ! Sorry, I'm dribbling !

13. I would not worry about the 85 f1.4 the current one is a legend and will go up in price if anything just like the 28 f1.4, just because new lenses come out doesn't make the old one obsolete, the current 85 1.4 has some karma that I am not sure a new computer aided design can duplicate. proud to be an OLD SCHOOL, Vintage owner of the legendary cream machine, now if I only have an extra $3000 to dump on the old 28 f1.4....