Running a Nikon LS-2000 scanner on a PC running Windows Vista

I just broke my Minolta Scanner and as no one can fix it, have gotten a Nikon LS-2000 from a photobud which I'll buy from him if I can get it to work.
My computer is a PC running Windows Vista and I have been running my scanners through Vuescan which works very well.
I had our Son who is vastly more computer-literate than I install the SCSI card in the CPU, but after hooking up the Scanner neither the computer not Vuescan recognizes that there is a scanner device hooked up. I'm hoping that someone here can help me trouble-shoot this to get the computer recognizing there is a scanner attached, and then hopefully getting the scanner to work.
Please and thank you.

I just broke my Minolta Scanner and as no one can fix it, have gotten a Nikon LS-2000 from a photobud which I'll buy from him if I can get it to work.
My computer is a PC running Windows Vista and I have been running my scanners through Vuescan which works very well.
I had our Son who is vastly more computer-literate than I install the SCSI card in the CPU, but after hooking up the Scanner neither the computer not Vuescan recognizes that there is a scanner device hooked up. I'm hoping that someone here can help me trouble-shoot this to get the computer recognizing there is a scanner attached, and then hopefully getting the scanner to work.
Please and thank you.
Try this, it is for Win 7 but the it is pretty much the same. Your problem is configuring SCSI.

http://compgroups.net/comp.periphs.scanners/nikon-ls-2000-and-ls-30-and-windows-7/382692

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom