Running Amuck

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, May 26, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Wife and son are up north and left me by my lonesome :rolleyes: for 11 Days!!! :biggrin:
    Picked up a couple of extra days of work, but also don't have to run home for dinner of diapers so I ran amuck...everyday......everywhere!
    Spent 2 days at Fort Desoto and while it was relatively slow, there's always something to find. And of course, everyday after work I hit the Merritt Island NWR or Viera Wetlands. Hopefully will have an "Amuck II" post after the weekend! :biggrin:

Prairie Warbler Fort Desoto
    original.

White morph Reddish Egret -Fort Desoto
    View attachment 97501

Black-hooded Parakeet- Fort Desoto
    View attachment 97502

This Red-necked Phalarope was a suprise visitor to the Refuge this week
    View attachment 97503

Full frame ladies and gents, an adrenalin rush to say the least!
    View attachment 97504

and another....
    View attachment 97505

Last but certainly not least.......Florida Scrub-jay
    View attachment 97506

2. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Great shots

3. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

4. Beautiful set, Thomas.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shots

Where was that dreaded snake
    yikessssssss

Glad your still here to post the pictures

6. Thanks for checking it all everyone! C'mon, it's just a 4 1/2 footer!! Tried for a strike shot but it's pretty quick. It was kind of fun, people were passing by in their cars and I was taking their p&s cameras, from their cars of course! and giving them killer close up shots of this puppy.
    It's all good folks, I'm pretty good at handling snakes, I've caught a couple of these (just to notch a "catch") let'em go and now I just photograph them.
    Still need to notch a Timber Rattler...I AM in Florida....:rolleyes: hmmmmmm, there must be one of those "snake churches" around here somewhere! LOL :biggrin:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE WAS HE

8. At the Merritt Island Refuge, Biolab Road. Not to worry Gale, it wasn't at Viera...at least....I haven't found one there yet anyway!! :biggrin:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I will darn sure watch my step at Merritt:>))

I am deathly afraid of those buggers

10. Well as for the photos these look great and if you want a timber rattler I guess you gotta come north with you wife and son:biggrin:
    One of the gals that is with our DEC has then crawling around her house and last time I was to her place someone gave her an Alligator about 4 feet long and she had to build a special heated home for it while she finds someone legal to take it. You should see her handel eagles. Amazeing gal. I like her crow the best when I visit.:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

11. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    You had a great day according to these outstanding images!

12. Wonderful images Thomas, you made the best of your time by yourself.

13. Thanks Andy and Frits. Actually Andy, this was a culmination of 3 or 4 days, although, it's possible to get that good a day run in these parts.
    Currently uploading another 4 GB from this afternoon's "amuck"!! :biggrin:

14. I'd love to just follow you around for 1 day. You always find the coolest stuff! :smile:

15. Well, now that I'm through shaking! :eek: That rattler scared me to bits! The birdies are gorgeous! :biggrin: I agree with Gale - YOU'RE NUTS! You like picking those critters up?! You won't like it anymore once one gets ya!

16. I don't pick'em up any more, inless it's a species I haven't caught yet!

Thanks for looking.

17. Well my little vacation is running short, but maybe we can put together an afternoon this summer. I usually knock off work around 1:30 and hit the refuge.

18. Great series Thomas! Too close for comfort on that rattler JEEZ! Well done.

Jose