Running Late

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    After a successful whale watching trip, "Tails of the Sea" is headed home at high speed. She passed close by (70mm was way to much focal length!) to the delight of the passengers.
    49682612.Tails_2536.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Tails of the sea...She is really moving.

Thanks for shraring.

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'd guess she was doing close to 30mph. The skipper had left by the time we returned so I haven't had a chance to speak to him. As a regular, they almost all know me. I didn't know it at the time, but I was being set up. Our skipper was talking with the skipper on Tails, and told them I was riding in the pulpit. They know I always have a camera and never miss a photo op. I saw Tails coming several miles out, and knew we would pass. I started getting suspicious when she made a distinctive move towards us at about a mile out, and kept a course straight for us. A little swerve at the end and a nice high-speed pass. Later, they admitted they had set it up.

4. Not often one gets an opportunity to take an image like that. Lot's of nice detail on the boat and her passengers. Way to go.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I will say this, if I traveled anywhere close to your area, I would definately be interested in going out on the vessel to view whales. That sounds like a great adventure...and to be lucky enough to get a few snaps too!!!, that would make for a great trip.

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    If you plan to be in the area April thru October, be sure to let me know. Early in the season is still cold, it's not too bad yet as the water is still warm (well, relatively speaking.....60 is too cold to swim in, for me anyway!) Sightings have been better this year after a dismal 2004. Late in the season, the boat jockies get a little nuts......makes things velllly intellesting! (You have to supply your own Arte Johnson accent)

7. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Hey Batwing.. I am also from CT.. great shot BTW.. maybe meet sometime..
    email me mrtac2man@msn.com or windows messenger at same addy...

Thansk Tim