Running out of RAM

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Rob, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    With 1GB of RAM I thought I was safe, but no. I continued cloning a small area of a picture and everything froze, for ages. I've increased the RAM available to PS, but have discovered that working in 'Adjustment Layers' is far more beneficial in terms of reduced demands on computing power.

I also read today about a useful shortcut. When you want to save your work but keep all your layers intact, create a new blank layer at the top of the stack.
    Hit, Shift + Ctrl + Alt + E This will flatten all your layers upwards, whilst leaving all the individual layers intact.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent tip Rob...
    Hope to see bunches more :>)))

Takes alot of time patience and willingness to stick to it to master techniques in PS or PSP...

Which I have not mastered any :<((((((

Time mostly, misused...and devotion to it, to do it. I get real confused, layers drive me to nut house.

Thanks

Here is a neat link for those trying to do the out of box thing.

Dougs is great.

This might be easier to get started.

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161043

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool link Gale. Thanks. :smile: